Part 33: The heroine, finally acting

Ivy chatting casually with Onii-sama. 

Ivy practicing hard with Philip in the training grounds. 

Ivy discussing the faults of our ancestors with Aaron. 

Ivy picking out herbs for potions with Ellios. 

It was quite annoying, me being coincidentally there whenever this happened. 

Now, our dear Crown Prince was next. 

I wonder what was going to happen? 

The hardest thing about Albert's route was that Ivy had the most enemies there. 

There was jealous girls all over him that tried to remove Ivy, who was the closest to him. 

But ultimately, all the 'accidents' led to Roselyn, who manipulated behind the scenes like a spider plucking it's web.

'I just hope at least has a hard time on it.' I thought, without a speck of guilt. 

I closed the door to my room. There was a nice smell to it. 

I sniffed around the air a few times, and then recognised the scent as honey lemon. 

Tasha was sitting there, brewing a cup of tea.

"Welcome back, M'lady. I decided to spray the room with a 100% natural lemon and honey formula. I also made a grapefruit tea to accommodate the scent. The perfume will naturally go away in about 2 days. " She explained after seeing my confused face. 

I checked with magic to see if there were any poison or irregularity with the tea and walls. Turns out, it's actually completely natural as Tasha said. 

"Mmmm. This tea is well done, Tasha." I told her after taking a sip. 

No wonder Ivy had hired her. 

I bet Tasha was well trained to please someone as a maid. 

It's a shame I couldn't keep her forever. 

Just before I could take my third sip, I heard a knock on the door. 

'I wonder who it is? I mean, who would come to my door right now, in the evening? If they had some business with me, they could have found me at lunch or break.'

I hesitantly put down the lovely cup of tea, and pushed my chair back. 

I looked into the peephole implanted on my door. 

A girl still wearing the school uniform stood in front of my room. 

I realised right away that this was the very person who sent me to the Nurse's Office. 

If I remembered correctly, she was the Lady of House Arden. 

You see, Earl Arden's household used to be very wealthy. 

But apparently, Earl Arden took in a mistress and had an illegitimate child with her.

I think that was right when Countess Arden's child was born as well. 

But the fact that there was another child to share the wealth made Countess Arden very angry. 

She straight up left Count Arden, but brought her daughter with her to her own household. 

But Countess Arden came from a Marquess's family, and was the whole reason why Count Arden struck rich. 

Count Arden became less wealthy immediately now that the former Countess left him. 

Some say that Count Arden made the mistress and the bastard daughter stay there and become maids for him. 

Others say that he abandoned the 2 and begged his former wife for forgiveness.