Epilogue

(18 years old Presley's birthday)

August's POV

"I can't believe my baby boy is 18 years old today." I smiled, kissing his temple, sitting a stack of blueberry pancakes in front of him.

"Big whoop, I take over the pack and find my mate today." He replied, sarcastically sticking a fork full of pancakes in his mouth.

"I'm just so happy and sad all at the same time. You're an adult today!" I chirped.

"G' morning, mom!" Audrey bounced into the kitchen, grabbing her own plate of breakfast.

"Are the two terrors awake?" Adam asked, looking up from his phone.

"Hayden and Hunter are almost ready. I think Eli went with dad this morning." Audrey responded, plopping down next to Presley. "Happy birthday, big bro."

"Thanks," Presley responded with his mouth full. It's like I hadn't ever taught him manners.

"We're supposed to meet with the Elder's and the Council for lunch to transfer the title to you," I told him.

"I know, I know, Persephone and Sophia should be headed this way right now." He rolled his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, young man. Just because you're becoming Alpha today doesn't mean I'm not your mom." I crossed my arms.

"Sorry," Presley apologized. "I'm just on edge."

"No excuses," I responded. "Are you excited to meet your mate today?" I changed the subject. "Feeling a pull to anyone?"

"No, and that's why I'm on edge. What if I don't find my mate tonight, ma?" He asked, running his hands through his dark hair. He was almost a spitting image of Alexandre at his age. Presley had grown into a fine young man, and I knew he would be a great Alpha.

I knew that the rest of my babies would be grown up and out of the nest one day, but I didn't think that it would come so soon. The years had passed by faster than the speed of light, and one of my babies was finally going to be Alpha. I remembered when he wouldn't even want to leave my side. The older he got, the more distant he had gotten from me. It was sad, but I knew it would eventually happen one day. He had gotten closer to Alexandre, following in his footsteps. We made sure he wanted to learn willingly to be an Alpha. Alexandre made it a point to not subject Presley to the same treatment he had gone through.

Last year after Persephone and he had been found, he somewhat began to come closer to me again. He would start asking my opinion on things he didn't want to ask his father. I made it a point that he shouldn't be afraid to ask us questions. Alexandre and I were his parents, and we wanted to see him succeed in things, and sometimes success takes time and hard work. We would do anything to guide him down that path.

"If they don't appear in your life today, they'll be there when the Goddess sees fit." I patted his head.

"Don't I need a Luna to be Alpha of the pack?" He cocked his head to the side.

"No, your uncle Abram took over his pack before he mated to your uncle Harman. Which is why your dad is passing the title down before your celebration." I explained.

"Oh," He paused. "I'm still scared I won't find them tonight."

"Just as I found your father before we were mated, you'll find your mate in due time, love." I kissed his forehead.

---

Presley greeted everyone who showed up to his birthday celebration. Many of our allied packs ended up bringing a few omega's from their pack in hopes that one of their pack members would be lucky enough to mate into our family to strengthen their bond to our pack.