𝒕𝒘𝒐 , second chance at first line

chapter two❝ things i almost remember ❞second chance at first line

chapter two
things i almost remember
second chance at first line

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Ben Stallard walked into his daughters room. The brunette girl looks up, bags under her eyes from lack of sleep. Ever since the night of the party, Kennedy has felt sick. She felt like all energy she had, was drained from her body. In his hands was a tray with grilled cheese, a bowl of pineapples, and a glass of hot chocolate. AKA; Kennedy's favorite things.

"Hey, Pumpkin, everything okay in here?" He asks, looking around the room. Kennedy's yellow walls had slowly been covered in posters and tapestries as years passed. The closet on the right wall was filled with clothes of hers, and her dresser on the same wall as the door was covered in clutter. She curls up in her paisley-patterned comforter, watching her dad place down the tray of food in front of her as he sits on her dark teal ottoman.

"Everythings fine, Dad," Kennedy replies, smiling softly as she looks up at him. Ben couldn't help but smile at his daughter, an ache in his chest at the memories, the lies he has been keeping.

Ben sighs, "Your friend called. Told me he tried to call your cell," He explained, "I told him you've been asleep all day,"

Kennedy frowns, "Was it, Scott or Stiles?" She asked. Her eyes trailed to the door as Stiles Stilinski came into view. His hands were shoved in his pockets as he gave a small nod at the sick girl.

"I told him you were sleeping, so he decided to pay a visit." Ben chuckled. Kennedy smiled, reaching for a piece of pineapple, eating it as her dad stood up. "Alright, just put the tray on the floor. I'll come get it later, okay? Stiles, are you spending the night?" Stiles looks over, eyes wide as he tries to figure out what to say. He wasn't planning on spending the night, but the way Kennedy looked at him with an innocent gaze caused his heart to melt.

"Uh, sure," Stiles stutters out, turning to smile at Kennedy. She returns the smile, happy her friend was going to hang out with her.

"Alright, goodnight," 

"Night, Dad," The Stallard girl said softly as he kissed the top of her head. She watched as he walked out of her room. Stiles Stilinski stands in front of Kennedy Stallard's bed, staring at the sick girl. "What?"

The Stilinski pointed, "You're never gonna believe me what happened today," He said as he moved to sit on the bed. Kennedy narrowed her eyes, raising a brow. "Scott nearly broke Jackson's arm, and he tried to kill me. I promised him I'd video chat and give him an update."

Kennedy's eyes widened as she leaned forwards. "Scott tried to kill you?" She asks, drinking her hot chocolate. 

"Yeah," He sighs. "And, his girlfriend's Dad is one of the hunters that tried to kill him." Kennedy raises her brow, more than surprised.