Chapter 10

His heart tremored, stuttering to a hault before restarting

His heart tremored, stuttering to a hault before restarting. Pied pools of gray and cyan were filled with deep emotions. Emotions that were too confusing for the teen to comprehend, jumbled up into one category of grief.

How the world had come to this? He didn't know. Fate never had clear paths set out for one person. In general, fate was something that entertwined so deeply with others that it became incomprehensible.

Thus the situation at hand.

Everything of the person in front of him looked almost identical to the one taken away two years ago. Except for the deep smudges under their eyes, added to the dull look of those familiar pools. New lines marked his exposed arms, in varied abundance on his flesh. Other than those key factors, everything was the same.

Viridian pools that used to swim with vibrance, now stilled and dead. Skin splattered with dots and smudges, freckles littering every inch of exposed skin. A messy fringe of green hair that curled and jutted out in the oddest ways. Swirls stuck in one another, no way to calm the rats nest.

He wore bland clothes. A gray T-shirt, having three black dots fall down vertically, splitting the shirt in two halves. Black sweatpants were met with bland gray sneakers, something the Todoroki would never expect to see on the male.

"Hey Todoroki" drawled the male, voice scratchy at the end, as if he hadn't been speaking.

He wasn't going to lie that the use of "Todoroki" made him feel uncomfortable.

Shoto didn't know what to say when looking down at the green haired male. He was obviously out of prison now. Can't just say, "oh! It's been a while," or, "how was prison life!"

The young adult may be blind socially, but he knew when not to say some things. Most of the time.

Kinda.

Bracing himself for the coversation to come, he breathed through his nose lightly. "Midoriya" he greeted, trying to get rid of his rigid posture.

Don't blame him for being surprised at seeing the male.

It was a surprise when a smirk crawled its way onto Midoriya's face. Shoto didn't know if it was similar to a snarl rather than a smirk. Obviously the male wasn't happy at seeing him.

"Long time no see, eh?" While those words are usually ment to be a kind greeting, this one was menacing.

Midoriya's small frame radiated reserved anger, something Shoto hadn't felt from the male. Unless you count the time when Kaminari took his Katsudon and ate it. The food that his mother cooked for him.

Yeah, that was scary.

Seeing the male genuinely angry was off setting. Instincts screaming at him to ditch this conversation and save himself before he manages to say something dumb. Though, he ignores it. They were in a public setting, the grenette wouldn't possibly do anything to him in front of all these people.