Part 24

Recap

"Fatima!"  khaleefa whispered.
______________________________________

"Your honor!" I am sorry for interrupting the court, she spoke moving to the witness box.

"Miss"! who are you, the Judge sternly asked.

"Your honor"!  My name is Fatima and i was the one that filed a case against my mother in law, standing over there, pointing at Hajiya's standing position.
If possible "your honor"  I will like to withdraw this case right this instant.
My mother in law is innocent, she was just scared that was the reason she lied.

"Who gave you the permission to say anything you want and, why do you think the court will withdraw the case",  the Judge sternly spoke.

"Your honor"! "Evidence"!
This court has no evidence to prove that she is guilty, or do you!
I don't think so! Or do you just took what she said as the evidence without any solid proof.

"Barrister Hakim"! What proof do you have against the accused.

"I guess i don't have a solid proof" he simply replied.

"Irrespective of no solid proof to accuse the guilty, the court has hereby withdraw itself from the case and the accused is no more under the court's custody. So I hereby dismiss this case!
the Judge firmly said but gentle.

" Arise"! the Judge concluded , hitting the gavel against the block.

                     **********

Khaleefa took gwaggo out of the court leaving Fatima behind without saying a word to her.

***
"Khaleefa"! Please! I know i wronged you and I made a huge mistake. I should have listened to you , I am so sorry.
Hajiya please forgive me, she said bending her knees down.

I-, I, I still made things right at the end, she forced a smile wiping away the waterworks.

"Get out of my sight"! Khaleefa yelled.
Gwaggo get in the car, I will be back, "he assured".

What do you want again, isn't it enough of the humiliation.

"Khaleefa ! why are you saying that. I  admit i made a mistake and I made sure to put everything in place" , fatima gently spoke wiping away her blurry teared eyes.

I am not interested in hearing any of your stories, please let me be, he replied flinging her hand off his arm.

"Kh-, kh-,  he left without me!
" O Almighty! Help me out of this calamity that struck my way.

                    ***********

"Mama"! "Maa"! Khadijah and Anisa respectively called as they heard her voice in the sitting room.

They embraced her in a long tight hug , before they were interrupted by Khaleefa.

"Gwaggo"! I think you should go and freshen up.

"Yes"! I will do that. Khadijah bring me some water to drink.

"Sure"! she replied and shortly came along with the water.
She gulped the entire glass of water down and ended with Alhamdulillah (All thanks be to Allah).
Just then one of their neighbors, Mrs. Meriam suddenly rushed inside the sitting room.

"Mrs. Meriam ! what is it! what happened"! Khaleefa impatiently asked.

"t.... , t.. ,  tv! yes turn on the news, Mrs. Meriam stuttered.
"TV?" khaleefa whispered.