Chapter 12 John and Zari Talk

As John enters his home, he thinks about what he and Marlize talked about.

"John. What you are asking me is kinda difficult. Don't get me wrong, I know what kind of help you need. However, you posing as a cripple would make all my help go to waste. Once you stop acting like a cripple, then I can help you much better."

'Is she right? Is acting like a cripple would make her waste her time on me?' John thinks.

"But there's some things I can help you with. You said that you have a punching bag right? Then I can give you some exercise tips to release some anger which I'm sure you do. Have you tried to hit the punching bag and stop it by bashing your head to it? It would hurt but you want to train your body to the fullest. Plus, I think some practice and fighting someone would be helpful too. If you need me to train you and release some anger, call me. Here's my number. When your ready, let me know."

John looks at his phone with Marlize name in his contacts. 'She's trying to help me? I know she is. She's gone through something. Maybe not like me but something that affected her. Zane and Zari know about. And I'm sure the rest besides the new girl knows. If Zane and Zari were able to help her then they can help me.' John sighs. 'Maybe I should take her offer. Marlize may help me after all.'

"You can start in your own pace" Zane voices echos in John's head.

"My own pace huh?" John smiles. "Maybe I will. Maybe joining this group will help me become a better person."

'MONSTER!'

John shakes his head. 'No. I'm not a monster.'

John remembers the event at New Boston.

'Monster!'

John then sees Seraphina smiling at him. Then he sees Zane and the rest of the group smiling at him.

"They accept me who I am. Zane and the others are willing to put their trust in me."

"You should use this time to think about your feelings for Seraphina. This could be a test for you."

"Take the advice from a real cripple. You need to tell Seraphina about your ability if you plan on dating her. If you wait too long, it will damage your friendship with her. You don't want that to happen."

John lays on the couch. 'Maybe Zane and Otto are right. If I do like Sera, I should tell her. She has the right to know. She's been there for me for pretending to be a cripple. But I don't want her to see me as a monster and leave me. It hurts just thinking about it.'

John looks at his hand and clenches his fist. 'Let's hope everything turns out fine in the end.'

*The next day, lunch*
"Hey JOHN!" a female calls out.

John turns around to see Zari rushing towards him.

"Hey Zari!" John says happily.

Zari stops next to John. "I see your in a happy mood. Wow! I like the hair. Finally decided to stop turning it into a helmet." Zari giggles.

"Ha Ha! Very funny. So, why did you call me?" John asks.

"Oh! When you get a new phone, let me or Zane know. We want to add you to the group chat so that you could be inform on the missions that we could get." Zari says.

"Oh okay. But you think it's okay to talk here?" John asks.

"Right! Let's head to the roof." Zari says.

As Zari and John make it to the roof, they walk to the fence. Suddenly, the door opens to reveal a male with a angry expression.

"Hey! No weaklings here. Leave!" the male says.