1- July 31

Growing up in a household that treated you shitty wasn't easy, but you managed to survive and it was a lot easier to do with your little brother, Harry, besides you. However, he wasn't actually your real brother he was a Potter and you were a Black.

Although you knew you were a part of the Black family he didn't and for some reason, it had to stay like that according to Aunt Petunia. Your father, Sirius, was thrown into Azkaban prison after he was convicted of betraying your godparents and ultimately being the reason they were dead, which you thought was a complete arse.

From what you knew or better say remember from those three years you got to spend with him was that he loved your godparents so much and would never hurt them. That's why you never believed he committed those crimes. But because of his incarceration, the death of your godparents and one of your uncles, and your other uncle deciding not to take you for some reason, you were taken to the Dursleys.

                                         ***

"Get up (y/n) !" yelled Aunt Petunia as she walked past your room.

It was Dudley's birthday today and your uncle and aunt had planned to take everyone to the zoo to celebrate. While you were getting ready, you heard Dudley go up and down the steps and tell Harry to wake up. When you were finished, you came downstairs to find Dudley pushing Harry into the closet where he would sleep and ran off laughing.

For some reason, Aunt Petunia always seemed to treat you a bit better than Harry. One example was that she had convinced Uncle Vernon to give you a room and would sometimes come to your defense when Uncle Vernon would get you in trouble. You always felt bad because she didn't do the same thing for Harry but he knew you were uncomfortable whenever something like that happened and never hated you for it.

"You okay Harry?" you asked as he was rubbing his head.

"You okay, Harry?" you asked him, rubbing his head.

"Yeah, I'm fine (y/n)" he said, with a little smile.

"All right, let's go to the kitchen," you said, wrapping your arm around his shoulder. Aunt Petunia wished Dudley a happy birthday when you got in the kitchen. 

"Why not just cook breakfast, and try not to burn anything," she said, giving him a deathly glance. Harry nodded his head and went and served breakfast. She then turned towards you.

"(Y/N) there's cereal if you want it," she pointed to some cereal boxes at the top of the fridge.

"Okay, thank you, Aunt Petunia." You gave her a little smile and then you went out and served yourself cereal. Though you kept it for Harry instead, since he hadn't eaten the night before because he got in trouble for accidentally breaking a plate.

"How many are there?" You heard Dudley ask his parents as he stared at his gifts which were placed throughout the living room.

"Thirty-six. Counted them myself," Uncle Vernon responded.

"Thirty-six?! But last year I had thirty-seven." You almost dropped the milk because of the way Dudley screamed.

"Err yes, well, some of them are quite a bit bigger than last year"

"I don't care how big they are!"

"Oh, now, now, now. This is what we're going to do, is that when we go out, we're going to buy you two new presents! How's that, pumpkin? " Said Petunia, attempting to calm Dudley down.

Harry, who was also watching the scene unfold leaned over at you and whispered "Lucky him, at least he's getting presents right?"

"Yes, at least he does."