Dont leave

I open the door to my sisters room without knocking, just to find her lying in her bed covered in some kind of tubes. I almost couldnt make out her tiny body from them.

Her eyes were closed she seemed to be in some kind of sleep telling by the steady falling and rising of her chest.

I sit down next to her and put her hand into mine. Its ice cold.

I let out a shaky breath.

"She hasnt got much time left Grace.", Stan said while looking at some records at her bed.

"Im not ready Sophie.", i whisper leaning closer to her ear ignoring Stans comment, "please, please dont leave me here", i let out a tiny sob, " please hang on. I know you can. You're strong, you're independent, you're amazing."

Tears are streaming down my face by now and i dont even care that Stan is still standing next to me. I squeeze her cold hand hoping for any answer but im yet again disappointed.

"What am i going to do without you?", i sob, burring my head into her chest.

Erics POV:

I see Grace suddenly storm of followed by some guy. Some doctor by the looks of it.

Max nudges me from the side. "Let's follow her, see what shes up to", he murmurs so only i can hear it. We start following them letting a cautious gap between us.

I smirk at Four's face. He looked confused. I wondered what she said to him to make him loose his cool like this.

Max and I walk through long metallic corridors in silence until we see the doc and Grace enter a room not far from us.

Thus must be some kind of hospital by the looks of it. I frown at the weird smell that suddenly enters my nostrils.

"I hate hospitals. Just fucked up people everywhere you look.", i grumble earning a smirk from Max.

"Did you ever think of her? When she left, i mean?", Max says breaking the silence.

I sigh and keep my gaze locked on the door Grace just entered.

"Yes. Every single fucking day.", i respond.

And it was true. Every sleepless night i had was because she wasnt there. I remember the day we found out she was divergent. It was like a part of me had died. Everything we had learned about divergents, suddenly come crashing down on me. And the i raised my gun like in trance, ready to shoot my best friend. After she fled i made a promise to myself, that i would never let someone as close to me as i did Grace or Max because someone would always end up hurt. I remember the countless nights she stayed at mine or I at hers back in Erudite. She was the only one knowing about my insomnia. She was like some kind of diary for me, which is weird, but she was. I only ever felt really comfortable around her, i was only able to sleep when she was there or i had talked to her that day, which was weird too because i never wanted to depend on anyone. I dont know why it was like that nor do i know why she didnt run for the hills the first time i told her. Told her about my parents, who got shot before my eyes, which was a main reason for my sleeplessness. Up until this day. But she kept sticking around despite the fact that i was acting like a dick, and still do.

I shake of this sudden lump in my throat and me and max look from the corner of the big window into the room Grace was in.

Max raises one of his brows. "That is her sister, isnt it?", he asks in disbelief.

I couldnt answer. My eyes were glued on the sight before me. Grace was holding her sisters hand in hers. She was sobbing and tears were streaming down her face, something even I have never seen her do before. Her sister was covered in tubes, i could only see her bold head sticking out. Her eyes were closed and she lookes very pale.

What happened to her?

Grace lets her head sink onto her sisters chest letting her curly hair fall all around her sisters chest.

I couldnt stand to look at her like this and i suddenly wanted to punch something really bad. I saw Max stiffen up too in the corner of my eye.

" We shouldnt be here.", he states, starting to turn away. I furrow my eyebrows and nod once.

With on last look i turn around and follow Max back to the dining hall, which was by the way much graeter than the one Dauntless had.

Authors Note:

Yay finally an Eric POV.
I really hope you like it.
Please give some feedback on how you're liking the story so far. I know its kind of slow but its going to get good, i promise so please keep on reading and vote, comment if you like.
Btw thank you for 200 reads!!