Chapter Nine

After spending some time with Dabi, you knew the fun had to end, and you had to go back to school. You really didn't want to see anyone, and had been avoiding all the text messages and calls you got asking how you were. The only person who understood why was probably Bakugo. And you didn't doubt that he was pissed off with you as well.

It's not like you really fit in with them anymore. Your mother was a villain who killed your prohero father- man, it was all a mess. And so were you. The only person you really felt okay with anymore was Dabi.

Despite being a villain and an arsonist, he seemed like the only one who really got you. Who understood you. Who listened to you. And you were trying to change him, for the better.

Taking a deep breath, you walked over to the entrance of the dorms, seeing all of the other students and Mr. Aizawa standing there. The second they saw you, they all clustered around you, like a bunch of little kids seeing an ice cream truck.

"There you are, (y/n)! We missed you!"

"What happened! Why haven't you been texting anyone? We've all been super worried!"

"Everyone, stop crowding (y/n). Give her a second to breathe." Aizawa instructed, and out from the group came Bakugo and Todoroki both looking at you with intense stares you could only describe as anger, betrayal, worry, and concern.

The next thing you knew, Bakugo had grabbed onto your collar, shaking you like a rag doll. "The hell's wrong with you, ya damn idiot! Why haven't you been and answering my texts or calls?!"

"I've been busy." Was all you could get out as he continued to tug at you roughly. It was a lie. You really just couldn't face anyone. Not back then, anyways. 

Todoroki managed to pull Bakugo aside, taking his turn to talk to you. "(Y/n), are you okay? The others and I have been worried."

"Guys, I'm fine, really. Thanks for the concern, and thanks for saving me. There's no need to worry."  You reassured them.

********

Something was up. Todoroki knew it. No matter how much you reassured him, whatever you said, he was still not convinced.

Todoroki knew you, and how you acted. Normally you wouldn't text him for two reasons. You were watching anime, or you were sleeping. You would always answer his calls and texts. Something had to be going on.

After getting settled into your dorm, you decided to just turn in early instead of joining the little dorm competition the others were having. 

You preferred texting Dabi, occasionally quietly squealing and blushing at the texts he sent. Besides the comfort you felt with him, this was the first time a guy seemed actually interested in you, and you couldn't help but feel thrilled about it. 

Soon enough, you drifted off to sleep, sending one last goodnight text to Dabi.

********

While Bakugo did say he was going to sleep, he couldn't. He tossed and turned, thinking, dreaming, and worrying about you. It was driving him up a wall.

Why couldn't he get you out of his head?! It always happened whenever you were around, and it made him go crazy.

He knew you were up to something, and he had to know what.

So, after everyone else was asleep, he went to go talk to you.

Knocking on your door quietly, he called out to you, trying to get your attention. "(Y/n)!" He grabbed at the doorknob, twisting and pulling impatiently. There was no response. 

Growing frustrated, he walked off and decided to go in another way.

Swearing under his breath, Bakugo climbed out onto the balcony. This was really a pain, but it would all be worth it if that meant he could find out what the hell was going onto you.

Pushing aside the curtain, he peered into your room, seeing you resting peacefully in your bed. Damn, you were so beautiful. Feeling his cheeks heat up, he shook his head, trying to get the thoughts out of his mind, his spiky ash blonde locks bouncing along with it. 

He should just leave. He should just go back to his dorm. This was none of his business. But, he needed to know.

Now Bakugo knew this was a big invasion of privacy, but he wouldn't be doing this if he wasn't worried. Using a small explosion, he undid the lock to your door, creeping into your room. You stirred a bit, rolling onto the other side, still deep in sleep.

He looked around your room, going through drawers and bags to see if he found anything important. He didn't.

But that was until he heard your phone go off. Looking over, he studied the now lit up screen. There was nothing special, just some random anime guy on your Lock Screen.

"Damn weeb." He muttered under his breath, grinning to himself. But then, he saw a notification.

TWO NEW TEXTS FROM DABI!

Dabi: Goodnight  doll, don't let the bed bugs bite

Dabi: Or I will ;)

Bakugo's eyes widened at the messages.

What? Isn't Dabi that....arsonist from the LOV?

He looked at you, concern and shock stricken all over his face. What had happened to you? What was he going to do?