62 ➳ Let's Play A Game

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a black hoodie dress; it had a small neon green playboy bunny on the left top corner just above my breast, while on the back it had the words 'Playboy' in the same neon green color going all the way down it in large letters. On my feet were my high-top black converse.

The outfit was simple yet comfy. It was exactly what Boston had instructed me on wearing out tonight, as he didn't want any of my body on show as he didn't want boys looking at me and thinking about all the different things that they would do to me.

Tonight, we are attending Hale's party, which he is throwing due to today's lacrosse game. If I'm being honest the game was a complete and total disaster due to Hale's game being totally off, it's as if he had been given two left feet or something.

Hale has always played this so much love but this time he played with so much rage. The amount of anger must have been behind why he kept missing the goal, being unable to catch the ball and for him almost dislocating one of the other team players' shoulder.

At the start of the game, he played like he normally did but for some reason, he had searched the bleachers, for what I had no idea. When he had got to the very left side of the middle row where our eyes had locked together it was as if time had stopped and nothing else mattered.

But that had quickly came to an end when the coach had blown the whistle, but that wasn't why he had looked away from me it was due to the person sitting awfully close to me and the person whose arm was around my shoulders.

It was as if that just seeing Boston and I together had caused all of the rage that seemed to instantly pulse through him. Anger that has been probably been building up for years that he has just kept bottled up within him.

Hale couldn't have chosen a more worse time to have let it all out. Due to his rage making him play terribly, Lakyn had managed to pick up the team and show them what he could really do. Lakyn had scored pretty much all of the goals and managed to block the other team just enough to put them one point underneath us which had resulted in us winning.

"Damn Darling." Boston said which made me instantly turn around and meet his dark brown eyes.

Eyes that could never outshine Hale's. That might sound silly because they have the exact same eye color, brown, but that couldn't be more false as the color might be the same but they don't look the same at all.

Boston's eyes are brown. Brown like yucky muddy water. Brown like dusty dirt. Brown like old kelp. Brown like crunchy leaves in autumn. Brown like some bugs.

While Hale's eyes are brown. Brown like hazelnuts or acorns. Brown like sweet delicious chocolate. Brown like iced coffee. Brown like old whiskey.

"Thank you." I smiled as I walked over to him, "So do you."

I wasn't lying he did look quite good. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt that hugged his toned stomach and biceps perfectly, then he wore plain black skinny jeans and black skater vans. The outfit was simple yet it looked so good on him.

"You ready then." he asked as he kissed my head.

I nodded my head and followed him out of our bedroom and towards the elevator, which we took down to the basement car park and got into Boston's car. As he pulled out of the underground parking lot it was dark outside, it must have been around eight o'clock and Hale's party started at seven-thirty so I guess we're going to turn up a little late.