xiao ❧ almond tofu

"it tastes like dreams"

xiao x reader fluff ❧ xiao appreciates your cooking

xiao x reader
fluff xiao appreciates your cooking

.

"For the last time— stop randomly summoning me to your side! I gave you the crystal to use during emergencies only!" Xiao scolded you, pointing at the emerald in your hand and shaking his head in disapproval.

Xiao had rescued you from being attacked by some fatui knights several months back and ever since, you refused to leave his side. If he ever disappeared one day— you would spend weeks wandering liyue until you found the Yaksha.

He grew quite affectionate towards you. Bringing back flowers and occasionally gemstones for you to awe and appreciate. It was the first time in thousands of years someone had actually treated him as a 'friend' or maybe it was 'human'? He had forgotten the feeling long ago.

Xiao had given you a crystal which summoned him to your side if you were to dip it in water since you traveled quite a bit and he was worried for your safety (totally not because he likes you or anything) since you were known to be a bit reckless.

And you just summoned him to Wangshu Inn for no apparent danger around. The Yaksha  was ready to nuke the place when he arrived.

You rubbed your neck sheepishly, "Ah sorry Xiao... But I wanted you to try this!" You shoved a plate in front of him, smiling as the Yaksha slowly took it into his hands- examining it carefully.

"You made this?" He questioned, his eyes narrowing at the soft texture of tofu that was drowned with honey. It smelled of almond blossoms and sickly sweet honey.

"Yup! Try it!" You urged him, handing him a spoon. Xiao gingerly took the spoon from your hand and dipped it into the soft gelatinous substance and scooped a spoonful. He tasted it, surprised that it went down his throat so easily.

The taste of tofu blended with the slight bitterness of almonds was quickly washed with a sweet mellow honey flavor. It was indeed delightful.

"It's— not bad," He commented, taking another bite of the dish. You chuckled and sat across from him as the Yaksha slowly savored and finished the dish.

"Do you like it?" He nodded, smiling gently at you. "It's pretty good for mortal food."

You beamed, hugging him which caused the poor boy to stiffen from the sudden affection. "(y-y/n)?!" You laughed quietly and pulled away from him, a lopsided smile on your lips.

"I'm glad you like it! Next time, I'll make more for you!" Xiao lightly laughed, a soft smile on his lips as he admired your smiling face. "I appreciate it."