Chapter Forty-Two: Alex

Alex and Dana returned downstairs just as the doorbell rang. Dana had changed into a light blue sundress with her dirty blonde hair styled into a low bun. Alex still wore a t-shirt, jeans, and her signature leather jacket with the hoodie sown into it. Smiling, Reina came out of the living room into the foyer where her mates were standing.

"You look adorable," Reina said smiling as she kissed Dana. Turning to her other mate she continued, "and you look hot." Sealing the compliment with a kiss.

"You look great as well," Alex replied with a smile. Reina was dressed in her usual blouse and high-waisted jeans combo. Nick and Jason finished their own greetings before Jason spoke to the three mates.

"Ready to meet the family?"

"Yup. Open the gates," Dana said with a grin. Alex rolled her eyes but smiled as she made her way to open the door for her foster family. Emma and Grace's eyes were wide as they took in the wide foyer and then their children's mates.

"wow, this is fancy!" Emma said in wonder. "I thought for sure we got the address wrong when got to the gate, but the guard assured us that this was the right place. Whose house is this?"

Reina stepped forward with a broad smile, "It's my family's home. It's nice to finally meet you Dr. Stonewall-Smith, I'm Reina Alverez. And Mrs. Stonewall-Smith welcome to my home."

Grace waved her hand dismissively, "you can call me Grace outside of school guys." Reina smiled kindly in response, but she knew that she was probably never going to call her teacher anything but her last name.

Emma glanced behind her at the two slack-jawed children staring at the grand foyer before introducing them. "These are our youngest children, Toby and Bridgit."

Dana grinned at the two children as stepped next to her mate, "Like what you see? I know somewhere you guys might like even more. My name's Dana," she said glancing between Emma and the children. "It's still going to be another half hour or so for dinner to be ready. Would you guys like to see the game room? We have a lot of video games and other toys."

"Can we Moms?" Toby asked excitedly.

"Sure," Emma laughed and with that Dana led the children off. Alex was quietly watching her mate with the children with a thoughtful frown on her face. When she saw that Reina was looking at her curiously, Alex just sent her a mind-link.

"Later."

"Uh, Moms," Jason said nervously stepping forward. "I would like for you guys to meet my, um, boyfriend, Nick Martin."

"It's nice to meet you Nick," Emma greeted with a smile, she was cut off from continuing by her wife's startled gasp.

"Jason Michael Stonewall-Smith, what is that on the side of your neck?!" she rushed up to him and turned his face to the side, "Is that a tattoo?!"

Jason self-consciously rubbed his mate mark. In his panic he yelped and shouted, "Alex has one too!"

"Dude!" Alex exclaimed but it was too late, her foster parents turned to her and while Grace didn't rush up to her like she did to her son. She knew that her daughter wouldn't react well to that, Grace did step forward enough to see the mate mark on Alex's neck. Alex sighed before speaking, "we were hoping to maybe have this conversation after dinner."

"What conversation? About you're dating both Reina and Dana? We knew that."

"What? No. Well I guess partly kinda," Alex stammered. When Reina placed a calming hand her shoulder, she took a deep breath before hesitantly starting again. "What we were going to talk about is that fact that I'm a werewolf. Reina and Dana are my mates."