Chapter 24: Letters

L E T T E R S

———

June 25th

'Dear Kat,

I hate it here. My father has barely spoken to me and when he does it's only to talk about how much of a disappointment I am. My mother does nothing but simply stand aside and watch.

I miss you.

I hope you're doing better. I hope one day you could come by and I'll show my father how much of a not disappointment I am if I have someone like you by my side. I'd love to see the look on his face when you give him one of your sarcastic remarks. Please consider this.

~ Draco'

———

July 10th

'Dear Kat,

I realize maybe you're still upset with me. Well, for whatever it is I'm sorry. I probably said something stupid and didn't realize it. Please write back.

I miss you.

~ Draco'

———

July 29th

'Kat,

I'm trying to be patient, but you know how I am. Why haven't you written back? Things at home have only grown progressively worse. I need you to write back. I need to hear your voice even if it's through something as simple as a letter. I need it to get through. So write back.

~ Draco

P.S. I forgot to say please, so... please.'

———

August 13th

'Katerina.

If you're not going to write back at least tell me what the problem is. I would say sorry but I don't even know what I'm supposed to be sorry for. You know, maybe you should be sorry for not writing back. So write back.

~ Draco'

———

August 14th

'Katerina,

I probably sounded frustrated in the last letter. I know you hate being spoken to like that so I guess I'm sorry. But please write back. I'm worried.

~ Draco.'

———

August 21st

'Kat,

I've tried to reach out and talk to you, but to no avail. Is this it? Is this where we end? With something as rubbish as not holding a long distance relationship? I hope not. But the truth is, we're failing at this relationship. So if you want us to stay, please write back and tell me.

~ Draco'

———

I hurried into the Weasley home and took the first piece of paper I could find and an ink and quill and began writing.