30. STOP CORRUPTING MY PURE THOUGHTS!

Chapter 30: STOP CORRUPTING MY PURE THOUGHTS!

Alex's POV
*********************************

Alright, I was pumped.

The fact that I was in Paris hasn't fully registered yet, but I guess I was getting there after trying to read all sorts of street signs and failing miserably. They even spelled the Airport with an 'e' and an extra 'o'. I'd never pass a spelling bee with this pronunciation.

After a long, tiring flight journey, it was a miracle that I was still excited right now but I sure as hell was.

Jensen was scared earlier during the take-off, and I almost couldn't believe it. Doesn't he like...fly all the time for work?

I offered to hold his hand and he just glared at me, as if I had somehow offended him by saying that, but soon we got to talking and the long hours passed before I could even complain about the seemingly never ending journey, though I did sleep through the majority of it and somehow my pillow was Jensen's shoulder. When I woke up and found my head leaning on him it got a little embarrassing and awkward for me, but he didnt even mention it.

I was dreading the journey to begin with, but Jensen was surprisingly easy to talk to. I relaxed when he started to crack jokes and listened carefully to everything I said, that was the start of my good mood and I guess it is still persistent.

When the car we were in stopped at the huge gates I was suddenly broken out of my thoughts. We drove inside the gates of the hotel building and I peered out through the car's window, from what I could see the place didn't disappoint.

When we stepped out and stood there at the entrance as I tried to read the name of the hotel....'Elysées?' I had no idea what that meant, so instead breaking my brain over it I walked inside alongside Jensen and approached the receptionist.

There was a young man at the reception, probably in his early twenties "Bonjour!" he marveled up at us with a wide smile followed by other complicated words.

Here's a thing, I know that it means 'Hello!' but I had no idea how to reply to that. Do you just say it back? Maybe not?

"Au revoir" I said, trying to sound confident but I probably failed miserably because his face fell as he looked at me with confusion.

Jensen was trying to hold back an amused smirk as he leaned closer to me and whispered "That means 'good bye' Alex..."

What? Really? That was the only other word I knew.!

"I- I knew that" I mumbled, but the smirk on his face told me that I wasn't fooling anyone.

Looking back at the frowning receptionist, I smiled and said "I'm kidding, joking... relax, you know...silly me" I waved my hand around, trying to make him understand.

Thankfully his confusion melted away and the smiling face resurfaced.

"Welcome to Elysées, Mademoiselle, Monsieur" he said acknowledging us in thick French accent. Those words were again followed by a lot of other weird tongue twisting words that I didn't understand for the life of me.

Jensen then stepped in and inquired about our check-in details in fluent French. I think I gaped at him. He's been doing this a lot, he even talked to some people at the airport and even our driver in fluent French.

I soon lost interest and looked around in awe, the humongous chandeliers, artistic vases and beautiful flowers placed in them and the pleasant smell of lilies and lavenders....all these mixed well together to make anyone smile.

"Let's go" Jensen jerked me out of my thoughts.

"Okay..." I beamed. Jensen slightly shook his head at me and pulled me along with him to the elevator.