dance with me

minhee walked pridely towards the school gym, searching for his partner, kim chaerin. 

he found her coming down the stairs. his lips curled a smile seeing the gorgeous girl, but his smile quickly disappears when he saw her walking downstairs hand in hand with his best friend, song hyeongjun. 

his eyebrows rose in shock when he saw his date pecked hyeongjun's cheek. feeling defeated, he rushed to the toilet, and goes inside one of the stall that was available. luckily it was very far from the toilet's doorway. 

once he locks the door, he straight up sat down, putting his face in his hands to hide his despair. despair has washed over him. 

-

he has been there for an hour, crying silently. 

he finally spoke,

"seems like i was never enough for her, silly me." his voice cracks but manage to chuckle. 

"me either. even though he called me worthless bunch of times i still don't get why i'm attached to him." a girl softly spokes, making minhee a bit surprised of the sudden girl. 

she knocks the door of the stall minhee was in, 

"you must be kang minhee. i say, you sound so pathetic considering you were one of those popular guys that the majority girls and maybe boys, have a crush on you." she said while waits for the sad guy to unlocks the door and get the shit out of there. 

minhee sighed. he opened up the door and see the hwang minyoung standing right in front of him. 

her eyes widened when she saw minhee in this terrible state, "you look dreadful, no offence." 

he looks down, gripping on the hem of his tie. he replies  "none taken." 

"oh come on! don't cry over a lame girl, she doesn't deserve you." 

"thanks. that guy you mentioned must be eunsang, huh." he asks with much curiousity. 

the girl only nods. "yea." 

they talk and talk and talk.. till they heard the DJ announcing that the slow dance is starting. 

they turn their heads back to each other, suddenly burst out laughing. 

they laughed for a good 5 minutes while hitting each other's arm, what a coincidence. they both have the same habit. 

they finally stop laughing when they heard the doorknob turn. 

cha junho randomly pops his head in, eyeing the two people that was standing in front of each other. 

the two of them looks at him aswell, junho suddenly grins, 

"hoho what are you guys doing here~? making out~? okay bye~" junho says in a tease tone then gone to go dance like a maniac at the center. 

the two stares at each other again when minyoung all of the sudden grabs minhee's arm as they run to get out of this place. 

"slow down!" minhee shouts. 

when they finally got out of the place called "hell" they catch their breathes and soon lay down at the empty parking lot. 

"have i told you that you look so beautiful tonight?" minhee compliments. 

suddenly blood rushed to the girl's cheeks. 

"ew drop the act dude that's so cheesy" 

"knew you would say that. but yea, that's so cringey for me to say oh my God." 

"but i gotta admit you are quite handsome, too bad chaerin was too blind to see it." 

raindrop. 

minhee quickly sat up and realised that it's going to rain any second now. 

he nudges the girl that was next to him to stand up and go find a shelter, the girl didn't move and grab minhee to make him lay down on the cold ground again. 

"forget about the rain drenching our outfit of the night, this whole prom thing sucks anyway."   

minhee only listens to the girl's ranting. 

she quiet down a bit soon as minhee touch her hand, making her turned her head to look at him. 

he stood up and the girl follows him, he tries to look at her but couldn't. 

so he asks her ; 

"i know you said the prom thingy sucks but,

may i have this dance?" he spoke in an almost whisper. 

she stood up aswell, 

"sure." 

she put her other hand in his and he swayed her side to side, not giving a damn that it's raining. 

they both got lost in each other's eyes. 

they had the biggest smile on their face shown. 

sooner enough the background changes to this gigantic ballroom and the music started, they imagined themselves being the center of the ballroom, with multiples of people watching them dancing in awe. 

their movements flowed with such grace and it took away the breathe of everyone in the audience. 

slowly the audience began to search for partners and dance along with the duo. 

the duo could feel their soul became one with the music. 

minyoung lied her head on minhee's chest as he held her tight still swaying her, he tilted her chin up to face him and kissed her passionately like they were the last remaining two people on earth. 

minhee softly spoke again, 

"glad we are together again. i missed you so much, minyoung." 

end.

thank you for reading prom. 

i would like to apologise for giving up on my other books (on my old account and this account aswell).

english is not my first language so this book might have a lot of sentences/lines that makes no sense at all. my bad. 

mayhaps a bit inspired by Joji's song "slow dancing in the dark" though it is completely different. i hope everyone had a good day/night.