Chapter 16

As the prince and Edward made their way to the garden, Edward decided to make a little small talk.

The prince responded in kind though never dropped his 'perfect prince' persona.

Finally they made it to their destination.

"Big brother!" A young girl yelled while running up to hug Charles.

This was of course Sapphire Solarion the princess of the kingdom.

Charles returned the hug briefly then directed the princess to Edward.

"This is our guest, Edward Von Rosewell." Charles introduced.

The princess gave Edward a curtsey "I am Princess Sapphire Solarion, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Edward bowed to the princess "The pleasure is mine Princess." He said in a sincere tone.

"You can just call me Sapphire." The trio then walked to the gazebo where the ,small, tea party was being held.

Really it could hardly be called a party, as only the trio would be attending.

They sat down and Charles brought out Edward's cake.

"Edward brought us a cake for our party." He explained to Sapphire.

"Thank you very much." Sapphire said to Edward.

"Oh really it was no problem at all, in fact..." Edward cut himself a slice of cake "You could say..." he brought the cake up next to his face "It was a piece of cake."

Sapphire's eyes widened as a brief yet familiar laugh traveled the air, Edward had used Charles's one weakness against him.

Puns.