Ordinary Homecoming

"Rebekah darling, pick up the phone. I'm getting quite tired of this silent game, if you're upset that we didn't go shopping I'm sorry something important came up." Cassie sighed she'd been calling Rebekah for hours now, they were supposed to go shopping for the dance later today. She hung up the phone she looked over at her sister who was across the room, making eye contact she shook her head no. Luna made her way back over to her sister, "Still can't get ahold of her?" Luna was very concerned, there had been a surge of magic, it was pure evil and unadulterated loathing a couple nights ago. They couldn't help but feel it had something to do with Rebekah going missing.

Cassie had left her son with her mother, so her and Luna could find dresses for homecoming that night. She had a feeling that Elena and her little group had something to do with it, just like they had something to do with that girl they had seen the town square the other day. She learned from death that the witch Bonnie had dropped the veil from the other side. It had been a good thing that none of her enemies had been able to find her, or that they weren't on the other side, when she killed someone they were supposed to stay dead.

"No, she hasn't been answering, I'm worried Luna what if something happened." Not getting an answer from her sister she looked over to see Luna in one of her trances. She steered her sister towards a sitting area near the back of the store. Sitting down she waited for her sister come back. About a minute later Luna sat forward gasping in air.

"LUNA, Luna what's wrong, are you okay what did you see?" Cassie asked panicked by her sisters reaction, she never came out like that. Seeing her sister shaking Cassie gathered her up in her arms and held her till the shaking subsided. Five minutes later Luna had finally stopped shaking, "Little Moon what did you see are you alright?" She asked quietly, rubbing soothing circles on her back, "It wasn't like my normal visions," she began quietly. "It was more of feelings, there was so much hate and evil and death. All I saw was two names Klaus and Rebekah, I don't know how we can help them though, all I know is that they're both in danger."

Cassie didn't say anything just thinking of ways to make sure they didn't get hurt, because even though they are immortal they can still be put down. "Maybe if I link the two of them to me, we know the Salvatores have one Klaus' daggers they might be planning on using it most likely on Rebekah. But because they don't work on Klaus and I nothing can kill me maybe if we link them to me if they do dagger Rebekah she'll just wake up as if they had snapped her neck and it'll offer Klaus extra protection seeing as we don't know what they want to do to him." Cassie spit out she was just spit balling really the didn't know what was going to go down tonight.
Cassie felt the signature feeling of death entering her mind, "Do you know what they are planning Death?" Cassie asked, he was usually how she got information she shouldn't have.

"They have awoken Mikael  Mistress that is what that surge you felt was, and what your sister felt. She felt Mikael Mikaelson the Original Vampire Hunter. He carries with him white oak which is as you know the only thing that can permanently kill an original. They plan to use it on Klaus tonight, and the doppelgänger has plans to dagger Rebekah right before they leave for the party." Death explained, "is there anyway to protect them against it?" If not she would need to get home and create a way to keep them protected.

"I can protect them, if that is what you desire Mistress" Death offered, Cassie was aware when Luna got up to continue shopping and leave her to converse with Death. "They would have the same protection I offer your siblings and when the Hybrid I daggers the rest they would have the same protection." Death would do anything to keep his mistress happy including offering protection to the original family.

"If you could Death, that would be much appreciated." Cassie said now relaxed panic gone. "Anything you wish mistress." Death whispered, " That is why your my favorite" she offered back, she felt a skeletal hand cup her cheek and she leaned into the touch, she knew he would never leave her. And then it was gone his presence in her mind along with it. Opening her eyes she looked around for her sister and found her not two far at the register paying for two dresses. Cassie didn't even question it knowing Luna would get her something she would love. He made her way over to the exit and waited for Luna to catch up. Once both out the door they made their way into an alley behind the building and apparated home. When they appeared in the foyer the both went their separate ways Cassie to find her mother and her son and Luna to got put all their stuff up.