SIX

CHAPTER SIX
' CAN'T REALLY DO
BATHS MYSELF . '

Eddie pushed her jacket back and stuffed her hands into her trouser pockets. She ran her fingers over the packet sitting in it and grimaced softly. She turned around, smiling at her siblings before pushing the door open with her back. She held it open with her foot and spun on her heel, running her tongue over her teeth and stopping in front of the balcony overview. She smirked as her siblings came to her sides and the others leaned over the rail.

'Is it me or did we all get hotter?' Klaus asked from behind her.

'This is your friendly, recurring reminder that Five is technically a minor,' Eddie replied, half-turning to face him with a smile that looked more like a grimace.

The others descended the stairs and Eddie's eyes fell on Vanya. 'I can't believe I have a sister!' Vanya cheered, running to hug Allison. Eddie blinked a few times, sharing a glance with Diego before her face parted with realization.

Eddie pulled off her hat, clearing her throat as her sisters broke apart and turned to face her. 'I'm Eddie, though currently playing the role of a man, your other sister.' She winked, kicking her leg over her other as she leaned against a pillar.

Vanya's smile grew and hurriedly approached Eddie. Her face dropped, her façade crumbling as her eyes widened. The ginger girl tried to back away and pressed herself into the column. She slid out of the way just in time, letting out a breath. 'Oh gosh, suddenly I have an overwhelming urge to piss, meet back in five.' She left no room for argument and bolted up the stairs.

She slammed the door in a hurry and slid down the wall as she gasped for breath. She curled in on herself, resting her head against her knees as she began to rock. She bawled her hands and began to smack her head with them, pushing herself backwards and forwards. Her fingers threaded into her hair and she began to pull at her roots, squeezing her eyes shut.

She froze, letting her hands and legs drop to the ground as her head fell back. She laid limply against the wooden door, her breathing laboured. A tear trailed down her face as she curled her toes and clenched her fists. She felt a presence near the bathtub and let out a breath, her eyes flickering up to meet Elliot's wide ones. The pressure on her chest immediately lifted as she raised an eyebrow at the bubbles that filled the tub with him submerged in it. Silence filled the room for a moment as they held eye contact.

'Hi?' Elliot spoke, his voice wavering slightly.

'Hello,' Eddie replied, still blinking blankly. 'Enjoying yourself?' she asked, awkwardness filling her tone more than sarcasm.

'It's... err, very relaxing.' He nodded.

'Can't really do baths myself, don't really like the idea of sitting in my own sweat and dead skin particles.'

Elliot blinked. 'Okay.'

'Well.' Eddie patted her knees, rising to her feet and giving him a tight-lipped smile. 'Looks like I have to find somewhere else to take my drugs.' Elliot made no reply. He just gave a smile that looked more like a grimace. She left the room and blinked a few times before jogging down the stairs. She spun around and grabbed her hat, shaking her hand through her hair and pulling it on.

'Eddie?' she turned to look at Allison. 'Are you alright?'

She furrowed her eyebrows, 'Course I am, why?'

'Just looks like you've been crying.'

Eddie faltered before catching herself, rebuilding her front with a shrug. 'I walked in on Elliot in the bath. Fucking funny,' she clarified before grimacing as she wiped away the tear stains. 'And a bit rank.'