iii. ai strisis

chapter 3 - ai strisis

Dakota walked into the gates of Polis, with Indra by her side. It was fairly crowded, and all of the people were going about their daily business, so they didn't really pay the two warriors any mind. However, I'm sure if they knew who Dakota actually was, then they would've certainly acknowledged her presence. Afterall, she was the Commander's sister.

Believe it or not, this was basically Kota's first time in Polis. As you already know, she wasn't allowed to go anywhere when she was younger, so that she could remain safe and keep her identity hidden. Which is why the young girl was in awe after catching sight of the tall building that was towering over the small city.

"Let me guess," Dakota sighed, never taking her eyes away from the building. "That's where my sister is residing?"

Indra nodded as they continued walking towards it. "We will be taking the elevator to the top floor. I hope you aren't afraid of heights."

The two grounders entered the building and went straight to the elevator. It took them a few minutes to reach the highest floor, considering the fact that men from below were actually lifting them up with a wheel and roping system. Finally, they had reached their destination. Both women stepped off of the elevator, and walked right into the throne room where Lexa was sitting.

"Heda." Indra bowed respectfully, notifying the girl of her presence.

Lexa nodded to her in acknowledgment, however, her eyes soon widened at the sight of her younger sister standing before her. "Dakoda?" She questioned disbelieveingly, while also hiding her smile. "You finally came."

The grounder girl was too busy glancing around the room in curiosity, so she hadn't heard her speak. However, Indra nudged her arm, causing Kota to quickly clear her throat and turn her attention over to Lexa.

"Commander, I only assisted Indra on her journey here, so that I could ensure she would arrive safely and warn you about the Ice Nation. I won't be staying long."

Lexa's sighed as she slowly stood up from her throne. "Tell me, Kota. What is it that's continuing to keep you away from me? Away from fulfilling your destiny?"

"My destiny?" Dakota scoffed. "Becoming the next Commander is not my destiny. I wasn't even born a true night-blood." She exclaimed.

"Why don't you tell me, Lexa. If I would have never gotten harmed by that missile in Tondc, would I have ever even found out that I was your sister? If you didn't give me your 'righteous' blood, would you even give a damn about me? Because it seems to me like you and Lincoln would have both continued lying about my identity for as long as I lived. The only reason I was finally told the truth, was because I needed blood, and you were forced to explain to me why I needed yours instead of Lincoln's. However, you're not even the one who told me!" She ranted. "So excuse me for not jumping at the opportunity to spend some quality time with my newfound sister, when it seems like the only reason she wants me close is so that I can take over her responsibilities when she's gone. I'm sorry, but I refused to be used like that."