VIII

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"why is sikowitz always late to class?" jade groaned.
she made eye-contact with me from the other side of the room but she hastily looked away.

"maybe we can try an acting scene on our own?" robbie suggested.

"ooh— what if we can't put the final scene from 'titanic'?" cat smiled. "when the boat sinks— oh my, god! i just gave away the ending— spoiler alert!" she giggled jubilantly.

"you know, whenever she starts talking, i think to myself... maybe this time it will make sense? i'm always wrong." andré sighed.

i tried to catch jade's eye again but she wouldn't even glance my way.

tori's phone started to emit a high-pitched screeching sound.
"can you shut that fucking thing up?!" i yelled. "it's bad enough i have to deal with it at home."

"oh my, god—" she fumbled with the broken phone. "—why won't it—"

"your phone is making noises." jade said brusquely.

"i think she knows that." beck said, covering his ears.

"you don't know what she knows!"

"i know you're being obnoxious."

"oh." jade bellowed, raising her eyebrows.

the couple had been arguing non-stop for the past few days; and jade had been avoiding me non-stop for the past few days. after— you know, what happened—

"why does it keep— ugh! robbie, could you please unplug that cord, count to three, and then plug it back in?" tori requested.

"surely, girly." robbie hopped up from his chair and unplugged the cord from the outlet. "one, i love grandma." he kissed the cord. "two, i love grandma—" he was about to kiss the cord when he was interrupted by jade.

"just plug it in!"

"why is your phone all jacked?" andré asked my sister.

"you tell me. it should work fine." tori shrugged.

"mhm." i rolled my eyes. "and uh.. how many times have you dropped it in the toilet, then?" i said sarcastically.

"only three!" tori protested. "—anyways, now i have i keep it plugged in all the time."

"just get a new phone." beck shrugged.