Chapter 5

Ethan's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"It's better this way." I look up at her and she raises a brow. "If I don't leave by tomorrow she'll be in danger. I can't do that to her."

"But if you leave tomorrow she'll never forgive you?" She slams her hand on my desk taking the bottle away from me.

"I rather have her hate me than for her to die because of me." I turn to face the view of the city from the window. "I'll never forgive myself if he hurts her."

"Why don't you just tell her the truth?" I turn back to face her and she's frowning. "End all this misery and fucking tell her the truth."

"I can't do that," I whisper taking the bottle from her. "You know why I can't."

"You are the most feared man in this world, what do you have to lose?" She sits back down tapping her foot. "You can get a man killed with the raise of your finger."

"I've got everything to lose if they ever lay a finger on her!" I snapped at her not being able to take this. "I don't want her to see this part of me so end this topic."

It's just a question.  Chillax." She smiles unaffected by my outburst running her hands through her hair. I rolled my eyes wanting her out of the room.

"What's going to happen with the company." She swirls around.

"I've got that handled."

"So, where are we  planning to go?" She asked.

"We aren't planning on anything." I  turn to look at the city once more. "It's my problem and you aren't getting involved in this. I'm leaving tonight so tell Terry to get the plane ready."

"Aye aye captain." She said before she left me alone finally.

I rest my head against the window and admire the view. I'm going to miss her so much. I'm probably making the biggest mistake of my life but her safety comes first. I can't let my dark side get to the one thing that matters to me in life.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so fucking stupid," I mumbled and poured more vodka into more shot glasses in front of me.

"Tell me something I don't know,"  Nicole smirked enjoying my distress. "You put yourself in this compromising situation. Don't say I didn't warn you this was going to happen."

"She's changed you know," I say drowning the liquid once more. "Not the same Dorothy you knew."

"I'm sure she did." She hummed looking at her nails. "Anyways what did she say about my niece."

"I don't know something about losing a tooth," I muttered loud enough for her to hear me.

She looked so beautiful, her long hair cut short made her look so damn sexy. I don't know how's it possible but her boobs got bigger and her hips widen a bit. Must be something that happens in women not that I'm complaining. I know fucked up and I want to make things better. 

She couldn't even look me in the eye for a second. The way she looked at me made me realize how bad I fucked up. I've hurt her so bad and I can't forgive myself. But that doesn't matter she's safe and still alive and that's enough for me. I don't want to be the cause of her pain.

"Drinking isn't going to get you anywhere." Nicole tried to get the bottle away from me when I poured a little more alcohol into the glass.

"I know that Nicole, but it eases the pain?" I say taking another gulp from the bottle itself. "She doesn't want anything to do with me."