Chapter 45

I basked in this moment one last time. Being completely drowned in his touch, his scent and his warmth.

When he finally fluttered his eyelids open, I swallowed knowing what I had to do.

"Enzo?" I asked, making him look up at me through half-lidded eyes.

"Mmhmm?"

I gently pulled his arms away from me, and slipped out of bed. God had I become a coward, because I couldn't find the words to say.

So I ended up having a shower, getting dressed and returning to his room. Still laying down, he watched me with confusion as I lifted my bag up.

"Where are you going?"

"Back to my dorm?"

"Why?"

I exhaled. "We can't keep going in circles Enzo. I told you, this has to end."

I then paused, wondering if I should even say these next words. But I had to, there was no way I could see Enzo every day and pretend I didn't give a damn about him.

"Which is why...I'm transferring to another college."

His eyes moved to mine as I said those words. "What?" He sat up, a crease in between his eyebrows.

"Last night was a goodbye."

He rested his elbows on his legs, leaning over. "You didn't feel anything?"

Oh I definitely did. That was what scared me enough to want to run to the corner of this world. I plastered on a look that showed I didn't. "No."

He scanned my eyes, but I shot them away from his. "I don't believe you."

"Well I do." I replied and he stood up.

"You're telling me you didn't feel anything last night?!"

I remained silent, knowing how much I was lying to myself. I wanted to say the truth, but where would that take me?

It's not like Enzo was made for my life. This would most likely end in tragedy, probably caused by my brother or father.

"No. I felt nothing!" I replied, before taking my phone and walking out. He watched me walk out, and when I left the front door, I heard the faint sound of glass smashing.

I lightly exhaled, knowing this was what had to happen. I carried my heavy feet down the stairs, and left.

————————————————————————

~Enzo Pov~

She was gone. And I had no choice than to let her go. I wasn't going to keep chasing her if she felt nothing for me.

Part of me hoped she'd admit how she felt a long time ago, but that ship had sunk. I threw my lamp against the wall, my bedroom in shambles.

I'd never felt anything for a woman before, but here I was destroying myself over one. I picked up my mirror and smashed it to the ground.