Chapter 18: Shopping

Don't forget to vote and comment if you like this story/chapter!

The next few days had gone by and everyone started to flow into a routine. Korra had gone with Mika to check a few apartments they thought would suit her and her husband. Nothing too extraordinary of a find came along but there were some good contenders. Since the gala Asami was holding would be in 2 days Korra decided to take everyone shopping to get nice new outfits.

"Oooo Korra you should try this one on!" Said Mika holding up a dress. "Hahaha were not shopping for me, remember." Said Korra "Yah but it can't hurt." Mika said walking up to them with three outfits to try in her hand. "Actually Asami got me a brand new suit a couple of weeks ago for our anniversary so I don't need anything new."

Korra continued to sift through a rack seeing if anything caught her eye that she thought either Mika or Thina would like.

"So what are you getting Asami for her birthday?" Thina said. Korra picked up the gathered clothes and started walking her sisters towards the dressing room. "Actually Asami said not to get her anything." Her twin spoke up "Oh heck no girl, when a woman says she doesn't need or want anything it's secret for 'you better still get me something I'm just being nice'. Come on you really didn't get her anything?" "No Mika. Besides when I say I don't want anything I mean it. Why does it have to be cryptic. She really could not want anything." "I don't know Korra. I kinda agree with Thina. I mean not about her being secretive about it, but I don't think it's a bad idea to give her a gift. A little 'I know I didn't have to but I still wanted to.' What do you say?" She said walking into a dressing stall and closing a curtain.

Korra sat down at the waiting chair just outside the fitting rooms while her sisters tried on their clothes. "If you must know I actually did get her a gift for that reason, and no I will not tell you what it is Thina because from my memory you weren't very good at keeping our secrets from the boys...and there not good at keeping secrets in general.

Thina walked out giggling at the truth. She spun around showing off her dress to see what Korra thought. "It's nice but I think you can do better". Thina rolled her eyes and groaned. Mika walked out in her new outfit "Since when do you care about fashion?" She said while rotating her wrist to the sky emphasizing it. "I don't care. But whenever I go shopping with Asami she makes me give her real feedback. I've learned it takes less time if you actually cooperate". She nodded no to Mika's choice and made her go back in and try something else out.

After a few more goes, both girls finally found the perfect thing to wear and headed to the cashier.

"Where to now?" Thina said. "I was hoping we could stop by Asami's office at future industries. I know she's busy but I just wanna make sure she's eaten something. She tends to forget or doesn't want to when she's stressed...if that's alright with you? If not I can drop you off at home and see her by myself." "Korra don't stress about it, me and Thina would be happy to tag along!" Mika said, pulling Korra into a side hug.

Asami had let Mika borrow a car since she knew how to drive, way better than Korra, to her liking. The three sisters made their way to the car, put the bags in the trunk and headed to future industries.

Once they arrived Korra gave them the option of coming with her to give Asami a lunch she packed (she didn't make the food but she had Asami's kitchen staff at home make her a sandwich and some dumplings) or they could wait in the lobby. Everyone opted to go up and see Asami.

Korra was making her way to Asami's office when she was spotted by her girlfriend coming from a meeting room. Asami called out "Korra what are you doing here!" with a cheery tone. Korra stoped in her tracks and spun around quickly caught of guard by Asami's voice coming in the other direction. One her eyes landed on her black haired beauty and she gave her signature crooked grin. "Hey 'Sami. I wanted to make sure you ate. I know you've been so busy and sometimes it slips your mind so a brought you a little something." She said holding out the brown paper bag that held everything. Thina chimed in with "Don't worry she didn't make it herself" and a wink.

Asami finished walking over and took the bag. "Thanks, that's so sweet. Walk with me?" Korra nodded and followed Asami back to her office just a short distance away.

"Well just be over here" Mika yelled

Asami closed her doors and headed for her desk "Ugh you have no idea how hungry I've been, this is the first time today I've gotten a second to myself. Thank you love." She said and gave Korra a kiss on the cheek. "It's no problem. I just wanted to make sure you've been eating. Plus is doesn't hurt seeing your beautiful face." That made Asami blush. "Well I guess I should get going and leave you to it huh?" "Yah. I still got a lot of work to do. I have to call everyone today and make sure nothing is falling short for the gala. Also you don't have to wait for me for dinner or just staying up. I have a feeling this is gonna run late into the night." She said with a sigh to end it. "Just make sure you don't overwork yourself. I love you." "I love you too". With that Korra turned around to leave and Asami picked up a stack of paper and went to work.

Mika and Thina saw Korra leave with a pained expression in her eyes. "What's wrong?" Said Mika. "I just feel so bad. I can tell how stressed out Asami is. I don't even know how much she's enjoying working like this and here I am upset about the long hours and her not spending enough time with me. I don't know guys. I don't think I can tell her, I can't make her feel guilty if she already isn't feeling good herself." "Come on let's go home and get some ice cream and talk more there."