Chapter 5

Tanna Carson

"You are the biggest dork." I say laughing, a huge smile spread across my face as I watch Alex dance in front of me.

"Oh come on, you love it." He winks, grabbing my hands in his to pull me towards him.

"I never said I didn't." The two of us are currently dancing in the middle of the school hall surrounded by all the other seniors.

I must admit, whoever was in charge of decorations really outdid themselves. There are light blue and white fairy lights strewn across the hall as well as matching balloons all along the roof.

Unlike the usual half-hearted school events, the hall looks absolutely beautiful tonight.

"You know, If I didn't know any better, you guys are totally dating." Ella pipes in from besides us, making the two of us laugh.

"That's not the first time we've heard that." I say looking up at Alex before turning my attention back to Ella. "Just my dork of a best friend."

"Heyy." He says pouting, causing me to giggle as I stick my tongue out at him. "Let's go get something to drink?" I nod, letting Ella know where we were going before the two of us go over to the drink bar.

"Your friends are really nice." He says as we walk hand in hand to the drink bar. "It drowns out all the looks I've been getting."

"Al, they're looking at you because of Sunset Curve, that's not a bad thing!"

"Are you s-"

"Yes Al." I can't help but laugh at his expression while squeezing his hand.

"Hey, could I please get two passion fruit and lemonades?" Alex asks the bar tender behind the counter, not letting go of my hand.

"You remembered." I take the drink, thanking him as we move to sit down at one of the tables.

"Are you having fun Tan?"

"I should be the one asking you that, but yes, thank you for flying out for me. It means the world."

"You know I didn't even hesitate, I wouldn't ever miss a chance to be with you, but I don't need to worry about that anymore because you'll be the next one on a flight to Los Angeles."

"That's crazy to even think about, I've still got final exams." I say, rolling my eyes in frustration.

"You're going to do brilliantly like always. Don't doubt it yeah?" I smile in response while nodding my head gently. "Did you say that crush you had on Ryan was non-existent?"

"Yeahh, why?" I say sighing as the thought of Ryan rejecting me in front of his whole team runs through my mind again.

After him telling me to meet him by the bleachers, he outright embarrassed me in front of everyone. I know I wasn't his type, but the way he went about everything didn't leave the best impression on me.

"I'm pretty sure he's coming over here." My eyes widen as I stare at Alex. "He's pretty hot, but I still don't like him."

"Whatever you do, please don't leave me." I ask with pleading eyes to which he nods.

"Hey Tanna." As I hear Ryan's voice from behind me, I swivel around in my seat, leaning back into Alex as I look up at him.

"Ryan." I reply shyly and I feel Alex squeeze my waist softly in reassurance. "Did you want something?"

"Yeah, I was going to ask if you wanted to dance? Go for a walk maybe." I try hard to not roll my eyes, knowing that if I wasn't dressed up like I am right now with Alex behind me, he wouldn't even give me a second glance.

"Actually, Alex flew all the way from Los Angeles for me, so I think I'm gonna pass on that one." I watch as Ryan moves his gaze onto Alex and his arms that were around my waist.

"Good to meet you dude."

"Likewise." Alex says with a disinterested tone, knowing that he would never outright be rude to someone else.

"You look hot tonight Tanna."

"She does doesn't she?" I hear Alex's voice from behind me, his hands squeezing my waist lightly.

The music changing in the background catches our attention and as the first few beats of the song play through the speaker, I turn my head to Alex.

Unspoken, he knows that I'm about to drag him to the dance floor and makes it easier for me by standing up.

I pull him back onto the dance floor, leaving Ryan behind us without another word before turning to face Alex.

"1, 2, 3" Alex's voice blares over the speakers, everyone shouting along to the boys song.

"Take off, Last stop
Countdown till we blast open the top.
Face first, Full charge
Electric hammer to the heart."

We spent the rest of the night eating, talking to friends, some who I haven't spoken to in ages, clearly only talking to me because they wanted to speak to Alex and a whole lot of dancing.

Eventually the two of us arrive back at my house at the end of the night, closing the front door behind us before moving upstairs to my bedroom. 

"I am exhausted." I sigh, dropping my clutch bag onto the desk. "I need to take off my makeup."

I walk into the bathroom, leaving Alex in my room to change as I get ready for bed as well. Alex stands besides me, brushing his teeth while I wipe the makeup off my face.

"I'm getting into bed." He says yawning and I nod, still needing to brush my teeth.

Once I was changed into my pyjama's and ready for bed, I walked into my room to see Alex sitting against the headboard.

I lift the covers, climbing into bed next to him as he slides down next to me, allowing me to place my head on his chest and cuddle into him.

"I've missed this."

"You have no idea, now let's go to bed, I'm gonna pass out any second." He wraps his arms around me, allowing me to fall asleep in the comfort of his arms.

My mind stops for a second, knowing how much it's going to hurt watching him leave again tomorrow, after he just got here.

"Night Al."

"Night Tan."