°You°

'Kaycee? Kaycee Caitlin Rice! Do you want to tell me what this is all about?' The boy yelled, pulling on the brunettes elbows as he forced her to face him. Her face was bruised with injuries. A black and blue bruise under her eyes, her lips swollen with dry blood, and the side of her face cut with a deep wound. 'Tell me, Kayc'.

Kaycee sneered at the question, pulling her arm out of his grasp before continuing to curse profanities under her breath. 'He was treating us like we were nothing. And now, slightly less so. I impressed him, Sean. Wasn't that our goal? To impress the head of league?'. She sternly sat down on her bed, face turned to the side as she tried to show how unbothered by the injuries she was.

'Yes-but not like that, Kayc. You could have injured yourself. You could have died. He's a stupid dickhead whom we own nothing to...it was a stupid risk, and I will standby my opinion forever' Sean gritted, shaking her head angrily as he sat down close to her.

Kaycee got up off the bed. Her feet were dangling but now they stood rooted firmly on the floor. 'Of course, it was a stupid risk' Kaycee huffed. She nearly rammed her finger into Sean's chest out of instinct, but wrung her hands out and forced them to stay at her side. 'I did exactly what you've been doing all this time!'

Sean stood up and forced her too meet his hard gaze, his teeth clenched. 'Kaycee, it's not the same. It really isn't' he tried being soft and straightforward, but his words came like a slap to her face, brutal and honest.

The petite girl looked down at her feet, wincing in pain before directing her gaze back up to the boy. 'Let me tell you something' she whispered, taking a step closer and squinting her eyes as she spoke. 'I fell unconscious when I got hit. If I hadn't woken up right then and there at the he right time, he would have killed me'. Her voice turned into a whisper as she got to the end of her sentence.

Sean's mind went red with fury. After, the fight Kaycee took part in, he had assumed she had faked unconsciousness to lure the opponent in. Now, all he wanted was to go back and break the rest of the mans' limbs-the ones Kaycee hadn't broken yet.

'You know what you felt?' Kaycee started, shaking her head briskly. 'That helpless? That sensation of almost losing someone? That's what I've been feeling watching you, every minute since we left home....I got out there to fight him, so you could see it from my respective. Because nothing else would get through to you!'

The brunette kicked at the leg of the bed, a thud sound coming from it. For a moment, she looked helpless and broken but she masked her felling quickly. 'I watch you day in and day out, throwing yourself head-on into danger, over and over again, and for what? Some shitty misguided attempt to bring Marco to 'justice'? Do you even fucking know what that means anymore?'

'It means he's gone for good' Sean snapped. 'No longer walking or searching for me. For us. That's the only thing it means'.

Kaycees eyes watered. 'Why?' She pounded her fists on his chest, her eyes begging and combative at once. 'Why do you need to do this so badly, Sean? Why?'

A shiver ran down the boy's spine, before he opened his mouth to speak. 'Because-because then I don't have to be afraid anymore!' He screamed out loud, hand going straight into his hair as he pulled at it. 'I'm scared, okay? I'm scared of him, and I don't know what else will make it go away! Death is the only solution!'

His words carried over the surface of the room to anyone who was eavesdropping. Sean's obsession wasn't the mark of a brave hunter. That was a lie he had been forced to believe. The truth was that he was a frightened human, running in all kinds of different directions and hoping it would end up working out. He didn't feel safe with Marco running loose.