Steve Rogers X Reader - Love is Strange

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Love is Strange' by Mickey and Sylvia, which you may recognise from an iconic scene in Dirty Dancing. It's a little short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

When your husband got into a book, he got really into it. He would spend hours at a time completely engrossed in the pages, so immersed in the world in front of him that he often forgot to return to the one he belonged to. It was sweet really. Watching him looking so perfectly concentrated was nice for the first couple of minutes, and then you would go off and find some way of entertaining yourself whilst he enjoyed his stories. 

But ever since the start of lockdown, you'd found it pretty hard to find anything to do. You couldn't seem to concentrate for long enough to read, and even movies lost your attention after a little while. Sometimes, when Steve was reading you would sit beside him and pout until he eventually noticed you. You didn't want to be disruptive, but God, you were bored out of your mind and you just needed something to occupy your time. 

This evening, whilst your husband had his nose buried in his latest story, you had grown a little restless. You were trying so hard to relax, flicking through a magazine for a couple of minutes before eventually giving up and dropping onto the coffee table. "Steve?" you murmured, shifting  slightly to look over at him. His eyes didn't lift from the page for even a second before he responded with a small hum. "Stevie?" you repeated, watching him carefully as his eyes flicked up to you for just a moment before dropping back to the page.

"Mhmm?" Not the answer you wanted. In your desperate for attention state, you needed something a little more committal than an uninterested hum. 

"Baby," you started again, shifting onto your knees, and offering him your sweetest smile as he finally looked up at you properly. 

"Yes Angel?" The book was still open in his lap, but it looked as though you had his attention for the moment. 

You swallowed, attempting to figure out what to say. "I'm bored, Baby." 

Steve's brow narrowed as he watched you, shifting on the spot for a moment before settling back down. "I thought you were reading," he started as you shuffled forward, moving closer to him. 

"I was," you told him, your voice as smooth as silk. "But now I'm not." 

His tongue darted out to wet his lips, his jaw tensing slightly. "And what do you want me to do about that, huh Angel?" 

Your smile grew at his question, and you quickly pulled the book from his hands, folding over the page he was on before tossing it onto the coffee table. "Come here, Lover Boy," you practically purred, your hand gripping the front of his t-shirt and pulling him in for a kiss.

As you moved your lips down to his jaw, you heard a small chuckle fall from his lips. "So, it's attention you want?" he started, his hands moving to cup your face, shifting you away from him for a second to lock his eyes with yours. "Why didn't you just say so, Angel?" 

 Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x