Track 25. | One For The Road

💿
"There's no need to show me 'round, baby
I feel like I've been here before
I've been wonderin' whether later, when you tell everybody to go
Will you pour me one for the road?"

Song: One for the road - Arctic Monkeys.

* * *

Bowie.

It's 7am and Harry is about to shoot me any minute now.

"Bowie if you would like to live I'd keep your pretty mouth shut for the next three hours" Harry says through gritted teeth and he tightens his grip on the steering wheel.

We've been driving for five hours now I fell asleep for three now I'm awake again and Harry is not happy.

"I left you alone for three hours what more do you want?" I laugh reaching my hand to turn the radio up once again.

Harry grabs my wrist and turns his head quickly "don't you dare" he says turning his eyes back to the road.

I snap my hand from his grip and laugh "looks like someone's hungry" I mumble leaning against the window with my knees up to my chest.

"Well maybe I wouldn't be moody if you left me fucking sleep!" He shouts banging one fist off the steering wheel as we drive into traffic.

I hold back a laugh when I see the line of traffic winding up the high way for miles.

"Happy now? If we left it until we were ready this would all probably be cleared!" He says gesturing to the traffic in front of us.

I roll my eyes and unbuckle my seatbelt standing up.

"Where are you going?" Harry asks turning around to look at me walking towards the fridge.

"If I'm stuck in traffic with you alone for hours, you need to eat, before I shoot your annoying ass dead" I say taking out the milk from the fridge.

I grab a bowl and the cereal and pour the cereal in the sound of the flakes hitting the bowl is the only thing heard as the RV is quiet due to everyone still asleep.

I pour the milk in and grab a spoon before walking my way over to Harry again.

I sit down buckling myself back in with one hand and holding the bowl in the other.

I keep the bowl in my hand leaning towards Harry grabbing the spoon.

"Open" I say nodding for him to open his mouth as he drives slowly in the traffic jam.

"What?" He says looking at me while also glancing back out at the road.

"Open your fucking mouth" I say glaring at him holding the spoon full of cereal near his mouth.

He opens his mouth slowly before I shove the spoon in causing him to mumble in surprise.

"See, not that hard" I say taking another spoon full and leaning towards him again.

"Same again, open" I say as he opens his mouth keeping his eyes on the road as he steadily drives through the traffic.

"You must be hungry" he mumbles crunching on the cereal in his mouth.

"I'll get something in a minute, plus you haven't eaten in two days don't think I haven't noticed" I say raising an eyebrow at him as I guide another spoon of cereal to his mouth carefully.

He rolls his eyes and opens his mouth again quickly eating the cereal.

"You don't need to be worried about me, I'm your leader I should be worrying about you" he says glancing at me before turning his head to drive more up the line of traffic.