Chapter 46

His stone eyes read mine for any signs of bluffing.

"Aren't you going to tell me who you are?!" I asked, dared. I thought he'd have pulled the trigger by now, but then he dropped the gun on the ground and walked away.

I stood frozen for around 3 whole minutes. Disbelief stiffened my body, shocked me as a whole. I had to get my shit under control, and soon.

I pulled out my phone and called my brother. That that I was exposed, I needed to get the hell out of here.

———

Theo said he'd arrive here by tonight. Until then, I had a ton of packing to do. And the worst part was that most of my things were at Enzo's. Whatever, I don't need any of it anyway.

I took down the posters on my walls, remembering the first day I came here. Sadness filled me, if only I knew then that I'd make amazing friends and experience the life of someone normal.

After packing, I knew I had to say goodbye to Roman and Jade, but I didn't want to leave my dorm in case I bumped into Enzo, if that's even his name.

I sat down on my bed, wondering how much of him was actually real. I can't believe he'd been someone else this entire time, and I didn't even know who.

He could be a fucking hitman, or a drug dealer for all I know. Whatever it was, I needed to get him out of my head. That would happen automatically when I got home.

Saying goodbye to Roman and Jade wasn't easy, especially when you're so used to being an emotionless puppet.

But I did it, even though they asked me millions of questions why I was leaving and what was wrong. I came up with some excuse of family drama and whatnot.

When it was time, I dragged my bags outside the dorm building. Theo was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago.

I'd just pulled out my phone before I noticed someone approaching from the distance. Kyle.

He raised his eyebrows looking at my bags and came towards me faster.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a stern voice.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I replied, not lifting my eyes from my phone.

"You can't just leave."

"Yes I can."

He exhaled, running his hand through his hair.

"Look I had no idea what you two had but it must have been something because he's destroying everything around him. I mean he's trashing his whole damn place."

"Kyle, I'm not who you think I am. Maybe he'll explain it to you."

"Don't leave."

My eyes shot to his. "I have to."

"I saw the way you looked at him during that double date. The way he made you laugh."

"Enzo is nothing to me." I coldly replied and turned my eyes to my phone, though even saying those words made me want to wash my mouth with soap.

He stared at me with disbelief. "Then I guess you really are a cold emotionless bitch." He muttered before walking away. His words made my jaw drop, but he didn't see my reaction.

—————————————————————————

"You have some fucking explaining to young lady." My father said as me and Theo walked in.