15

(IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE: I changed the French titles to numbers since it honestly got confusing to me, nor did I like the way it looked, so there's that. Second, I have a new oc (Ashe and Nova) fic, so PLEASE CHECK THAT OUT! I'll also be going through the chapters and switching and changing things up, adding trigger warnings and such. Lookout for those!)

Bruce stared at both of them, expression grim. For a second, Chloe looked guilty at the way they cowered to the side, rubbing new stitch scars. She kept her 'bad cop' expression on still, slipping her phone back into her jean pocket.

"Let's talk," Chloe exhaled, bringing back her stern cool. 

"Yes," Bruce agreed. "I think we should, Queen Bee. And others," his eyes traveled to the other miraculous wielders behind her. "This way." 

Chloe and the others followed behind Bruce, removing their shoes. Sitting on the couch, Ashe walked in, holding a tray of tea she was in the middle of making. Handing each of them one, she slumped farthest away from Bruce, slurping loudly from her cup.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng is your friend, correct?" 

They all nodded. "And she's Ladybug."

More nodding. Bruce sighed, "We have been in Paris investigating for the past... week or so. That is one reason for the charities. Hawkmoth has some... undercover agents that have been targeting Marinette for a while now. The charities served as a distraction for us to sneak into security systems and track their movements."

"Wait... but why? I understand it's because of Marinette's status in hero society and her miraculous, but... why does- why her? I'd rather they come after one of us. Marinette is... I'm not calling her weak... I'm calling her... not as protected as the rest of us," Chloe concluded, setting down her empty teacup. 

"Marinette was part of a deal between Hawkmoth to Ra's Al Ghul." 

"Huh?" the Batfam members present in the room tensed, taking slower sips from their tea. Bruce frowned. "Hawkmoth is someone you all know. I'm sure you are aware of 'Emilie Agreste's sudden comatosed state,' headlines?"

Chloe's face faltered at the mention of Adrien's mother. "Correct. She was apparently sickly and had to be put into a coma to prevent her from... dying."

"Correct again. Do you know the miraculous? As in the story behind them?"

The miraculous wielders remained silent. Bruce once again spoke, "This is classified information. Do you swear on your LIFE, that this information will be carried to the grave?" he specifically looked at Chloe, having seen her old Queen Bee posts from the past. Having matured over the years, she nodded, blue eyes cold and serious.

-

"Wonder Woman's mother was... a Ladybug?" Bruce nodded in confirmation. 

"That's... a lot to take in. The powers, the story. Queen Hippolyta personally explained this to you?" Bruce nodded once more. 

"Marinette as someone's betrothed..." Nino shivered. "I never thought of Marinette as someone to just get tossed around like that. She's not meant to be anyone's wife! Unless she wants to! How the hell did this... this Hawkmoth - Gabriel dude even... he's not even her parent or guardian! He just gave her away to revive his..." he took a deep breath out. 

"Adrien may be my best- might have been my best friend, and I am so SORRY for saying this, but I doubt that Mrs. Agreste would ever be able to... to get well. Rude, yes, but..." 

Even Chloe nodded at that. "Gabriel Agreste is dead set on getting his wife back... even if he has to kidnap, kill, or even sell a whole other human being for it."

"THAT," Ashe uncrossed her legs, walking over to Chloe. "Being said. We have a plan for how we are getting her back. We just need to know that you're up for it. And that we can trust you."

Short chapter, apologies. I just wanted to get something out, so here it is! Actually getting to the plot, so don't worry! Also, I have some ideas for fanfictions... I'm going to start taking commissions/ideas from people! If you have any suggestions for a ship for me to write about, please comment it, I'll see what I can conjure up.

Also - I'm in the midst of writing a Harry Potter fanfiction (Drarry) - would any Potterheads mind reading it? And would you like me to post it? Let me know.

That... is all. I'll see you guys... next week or so for the fifteenth chapter! Hoped you liked it!

Jessica the author. How original.