8

The night was young as the two brothers and Jay drove through the City of Esterdell. Esterdell was only an hour and a half or so away from Amber Falls, so there was no worry of trying to beat the sun. It was safer this way. With Amber Falls only having a population of five thousand some people, it would be easier for them to get caught. And her dad is the Sheriff. Jay didn't feel right doing this at his place of work.

Jay was sitting in the back seat of Kieran's car, thinking about the memory she had of him and her walking down the road. She would ask him about it when they were alone. Sitting in a parking lot, Jay looked around to see if any people were lurking around. "I'm still unsure about this plan." She said, her gaze meeting Kieran's in the rearview mirror. "What if we get caught?"

Kieran rolled his eyes and turned around to face her. "Relax. It'll be fun." Jay followed behind Brennan as he exited from the vehicle. Just like that, Kieran was gone.

Jay looked around. "Where did he go?"

"Listen," Brennan said as he watched Jay. She went still and focused on trying to find him. Her nose picked up his scent before she heard him. Jay's head snapped in the direction she knew he was. Jay's heart hammered in her chest as her adrenaline picked up. Her instincts were telling her to chase after him and hunt him down. In an instant, Jay ran over to him.

A door was hanging open on the side of the building. Kieran's scent was sitting heavily on it. She entered the building and followed his scent until she found him walking in the middle of a hall. Not holding back, her body slammed into his, and she was on top of him. Her teeth elongated and she felt the need to rip into his skin.

Kieran realized Jay wasn't playing around and he pushed her off of him with ease. He looked at her curiously. "Looks like your wolfy side is coming out." Kieran looked behind Jay just as Brennan appeared behind her.

"Control, Jay," Brennan said. "You don't want to kill anyone."

Looking at Brennan, Jay realized what she was doing. She reined herself in and stood there ashamed. "What happened?" She was unsure of why she wanted to hurt Kieran.

"Werewolves' instincts are to kill vampires. It can be controlled, you just got caught up in the chase." Brennan said.

"I wanted to kill you?" Jay questioned herself while looking at Kieran, ashamed of herself.

Brennan wrapped his arm around her. "I've wanted to kill him too, don't worry." He made light of the situation, which made Jay feel somewhat better.

Kieran glared at them. "I'm glad you find the thought of my death amusing." He shook out his jacket before turning away and walking further into the building. Jay walked beside Brennan as they followed Kieran down the dark hallway. There were no lights on in the building, but she didn't need lights to see. She was impressed, to say the least. As a human, she would have been completely lost in the dark.

"Now, where is that store." Kieran was looking at the different shops that were along the walls of the shopping center. "Ah. Here it is." He turned to look at Jay with a devious grin. Jay looked to where he was, and she felt violated.

"You pervert." She scolded Kieran.

Kieran faked looking hurt before putting on his famous smirk. "You know you need them."

Jay put a hand to her forehead, peaking through her fingers. Kieran's smirk was still as devious as ever.

Brennan softly laughed beside her but stopped when Jay turned to glare. He cleared his throat. "You can shop for this stuff yourself. We'll leave you alone." He walked to Kieran and lightly pushed him backward. "Even though we could help you figure out what looks best." Brennan turned around with a twinkle of humour on his face.