i don't want you

It's been a few days since Alma spent the night at Lauren's house. Everything has been pretty calm since she's giving David the silence treatment but she sometimes breaks it with her mom.

Anyways, her day is done, she just got home and she's alone. Both her parents are at work so Tamsin is still at daycare and honestly she's so tired. She's still been spending time with Lauren, so it might be their activities that make her tired.

So she just goes to sleep and decides that she'll do her homework later, and goes to bed to take a nap, and she immediately falls asleep.

Lauren, on the other hand, has quite a night to come. Right now she's meeting parents and later tonight she's meeting Alisha's mom which is kind of making her nervous and sadly, it comes way faster than she imagined.

A woman knocks on the door and Lauren quickly analyzes her, noticing the toddler next to her. She stands up and walks to her.

"Hi. Hello, come in!" She smiles. "I'm Lauren Jauregui, Alma's English teacher. Hi!" She waves at the little girl who's looking at her. "What's your name?"

"Tamsin!" The little girl smiles, making Lauren and Sarah smile.

"Well, I'm Sarah Keyes, Alma's mom. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you as well. I honestly don't have much to say about Alma. She's a really great student, she doesn't participate much but I'm trying to work on that with her, but otherwise she is polite, she's very well spoken and she has very good grades in my class, but..." Lauren looks up from her notes. "It has come to my attention that it isn't the case for every class. Her grades have been getting a little worse than they used to be and, you know, it can happen. Teenage years are hard sometimes, we can't expect them to be perfect all the time, maybe there's something going on at home but it would be great if maybe you talked to her about it, or I can do it. If she's a little lost we can find someone to tutor her and help her bring her grades back up!" Lauren smiles, looking at Tamsin who's just looking at her, intrigued.

She looks back at Sarah.

"Well, I noticed her grades were getting bad but I don't really see a reason to it. I guess I'll talk to her about it."

"But overall, Alma's a really great student. She's one of the best student of my class, really bringing the class up and she really has so much potential."

Eventually, the conference ends and Lauren sighs. It wasn't that bad after all.

When Alma wakes up, she realises she didn't take a nap since she slept the whole night and it's 5 AM now.

She gets up and showers, then she goes to do her homework and her day just goes by until she's finally home for the weekend.

She chills in her room, listening to music until her mom barges in her room.

"Hey. I think we need to have a talk." Her mom closes the door and Alma freezes but still turns around.

"About what?"

"Well, I saw your teacher yesterday. Miss Jauregui. And I found pictures on your phone... Have you been messing with her?"

"What the fuck? Why would you even say that?!"

"Okay, I'm really not trying to argue. I know I am speaking facts and I just want you to be honest!"

"That's so fucked up! You've been looking through my phone??" Alma raises her voice and even though she came in peace, Sarah is now upset, so she raises her voice too.

"Yes, and you've been fucking your teacher, what do you think is worse?!"

"Ew, don't say it like that! That's not even your business! I'm fricking nineteen are you ever going to stop acting like I'm a fucking twelve year old?!"

"Well obviously I can't trust you, so no!"

"God you're the fucking worst."

"Stop swearing so much! From now on I want you home as soon as school ends, if you're not, I'll come and get your nasty ass home. I don't want you seeing her, I want your phone and computer, and you're grounded. No friends, no going out, you're staying home until this passes you. If you skip one class to mess around with her I will report the both of you and you won't ever see her again because she'll be in prison. Am I clear?"

Alma totally freezes. She's never been scared of her mom, or at least not after the age of fourteen; but she knows for a fact that Sarah's being dead serious right now and she's honestly just panicking about Lauren.

"I want an answer, Alma. Was I clear?"

"Yes. You were."

"Phone and computer." Sarah sticks her hand out and Alma just obeys, because she's way too shook to be rebellious right now.

She's panicking about having to ghost Lauren, and she won't even have time to explain anything to her since she really doesn't wanna risk her mom reporting them. So she tries to figure out a solution, and the first step to the easiest one is to lock her door.

Then, she puts her shoes on and climbs out of the window, who luckily isn't too high and she can easily jump and silently walk to the outside, almost running to Lauren's house.

Lauren lets her in, and Alma just leans her back against the kitchen counter.
She really doesn't know what to say, her mind is racing and the only thing she knows is that seeing Lauren every day for one hour without being able to kiss her is going to literally break her in pieces.

"This isn't working." She spits out, and Lauren small smile disappears.

"What? What do you mean?"

"We can't. Be a thing. We can't." Alma doesn't even know what she's saying, or what Lauren is saying, she just spits everything out, because she can't be here for too long and she shouldn't even be here.

"What the fuck? Why? Alma, what are you saying?"

"We just can't, Lauren. I'm sorry."

Alma is already on her way to leave and Lauren tries to comprehend what is happening, but she doesn't find anything that could make sense except one.

"I fucking knew it!" Lauren raises her voice.

She can't believe she got played twice.

"I knew you'd go for the easy way and choose Alisha. This is way to easy, you're a coward. I shouldn't have had so many expectations, I don't know why I ever thought this would work out. How could you do this to me?"

"I don't want this. I- I just- I don't want you!" Alma raises her voice back at her, and Lauren is pretty sure she just felt her heart break into pieces.

"Just go!" She yells and Alma walks out, tears silently streaming down her face, as Lauren wipes her own tears away.