23

"Your dorm. Now." I instruct the twins as I walk through our group of friends, they're both following instantly and soon enough George is closing the door behind the three of us.

"What's wrong Em?" Fred asks carefully.

"It's-I-dad- she-it-" I let out a sigh, collecting myself "it's too little too late," I announce

"What is?" George asks, confusion and concern is clearly readable on both boys faces

"My mum," I inform. I don't really know how it happened but tears are flooding my eyes and George is quick to pull me to him in a tight hug

"What?" Fred asks

"She wants to meet me. Be a part of my life," I explain

"I thought you didn't even know who she was. That your dad didn't tell you?" George asks, rubbing my back comfortingly

"He didn't. I never needed to know either. She didn't matter to me much. I mean yeah it fuckin sucked to know I wasn't enough to make her stay. That she would just leave me, I was a baby, I needed a mother. But it never mattered that much cause I had dad.

He's the worlds best dad. I never needed her cause he loved me for the both of them. He looked after me and he protected me and he gave me the best damn childhood a girl could ask for. He is the only parent I ever needed.

And I wasn't alone. I have a family, a big family. I have a brother I have plenty of people who care about me. I have auntie Lily and I have my uncles and I have Minnie. And I always did I grew up with those people prepared to do anything for me. I didn't need her. I never needed her.

God and I got here and look what happened! I mean seriously I managed to find you two, I got two more brothers and they came with even more family. I got Molly and Arthur who love me and look out for me always. I got your guys 4 brothers and I got Ginny. I got hermione. I got Angelina, she's the sister I never had. And Katie and Alice and Lee. And I know you don't like him but recently I got Draco too.

I have a family. It's not perfect and it's not normal and it's kinda dysfunctional but it was so much more than enough. It was lucky. I was so loved and I never wanted her anymore cause I made my own family. I wouldn't change it for the world and here she is thinking she can just waltz on in," I rant, tears streaming down my face. The boys share a glance like they have no clue how to react as Fred's arm wraps around my shoulder holding me to his chest.

"Hey, you know we all love you, if you wanna say no you can, you're right. You have an incredible family and you don't need her," He assures, holding me close to him

"But dad," I sigh. Sniffling as George wipes the tears from my cheeks

"What about him?" George questions

"He gave up everything for me, he let the love of his life go for me. He has a shot to get her back and who am I to stand in the way. How selfish am I to stop that after everything he's done for me?"

"It's not selfish to not want the woman who abandoned you, she left him too yknow? How do you even know he would want to be with her," George presses gently

"Cause I haven't seen him look so happy ever," I admit "I don't want to hold him back," I admit

"You could never. And you're wrong by the way, anyone who sees you guys could tell you, you're clearly the love of your dads life. Not some girl," George comforts as the pair continue to let me cry it out to them.

By the end of the hour we are all wrapped up in blankets. My face sticky from the tears I've cried.

"Did he tell you about her?" Fred asks, it's not a secret that I never even knew her name.

"Yeah. Arabella Delacey," I announce

"Hey, I know that name, Delacey?" George ponders

"It's an old wizarding family. They're famously all-"

"Veelas," George finished.

"So you're half Veela?" Fred questions

"Yup. I mean obviously I don't throw fire or turn into a bird when I'm angry but my mums a Veela so I have Veela blood, Veela magic that I never learnt to control," I shrug

"Makes sense," Fred smirks, I raise my eyebrows in question, clawing at my stinging eyes. "Oh cmon, you're always the most beautiful girl in any room and you're charming, everyone loves you. You use Veela magic to woo people without even meaning to,"

"No, no I can't do that," I argue

"You are literally an untrained Veela you will 100% do that-"

"But that means, it makes everything fake," I think out loud, my eyes watering fresh tears despite me surely having cried them all out

"What?" George questions, clearly confused

"If I'm half Veela and using untrained magic. The romantic feelings people have for me, I forced it on them. He doesn't really love me he's in some trance,"

"You can't really believe Cedric isn't in the purest love with you?" George questions, eyes widening when I shrug feeling dazed, how will I ever forgive myself for manipulating him like that?

"Oh my god! Cedric!" I exclaim jumping up "I promised I'd meet him in the library," I explain

"Go!" Fred urges. I smile kissing both the twins on their cheeks

"Thankyou for being my family," I grin before pushing out the door and sprinting to the library.