Twelve

Layla smiled as her and Hope focused on their magic as Emmett watched. He heard about Bella being depressed. Layla looked at Hope with a look. "What?" She asked.

"You've been acting weird since Edward left." Layla tells her. "Is there a reason?"

Emmett stood in the kitchen talking to Stefan when he heard Hope describe the feelings a mate has and looked outside. "Emmett?"

"I have to go, Stefan." Emmett said as he saw Layla looking at him.

Hope was Edward's mate and with him gone, she was feeling the pain.
~~~
October passed than came November, now it was December and it was close to Christmas. Emmett told the sisters they were going to Alaska to be with their family and that Edward agreed to go, but Hope was nervous.

On their arrival, Edward stood there waiting for them. "Edward." Layla replies.

"Layla, I'm sorry for bring Bella into this life, but I swear I didn't think I would have a mate." Layla nodded. "If it's alright with you, I would like to get to know Hope."

"Okay, but please let her do what she wants because she has a life."

"I will." Edward said as Hope smiled.

Layla smiled as she can already tell that Edward will treat her sister right.
~~~
Arriving at the Denali's, Layla wasn't prepared to see a family she has never seen before. "Mom! Dad!" Hope said as she ran to them.

Layla stood with Emmett and Edward as she was scared they would hate her. Katie smiled as she saw her oldest. Klaus looked and walked over to the dirty blonde as he tried his best to hold back the tears. "Layla."

Layla nodded. "That's me." She replies.

Klaus hugged her as he let the tears fall. "I have my baby back."

Emmett smiled as did the others. "We wanted you to be more involved in Layla's life since you missed out on so much." Carlisle said.

"We would love that and she will forever call you mom and dad too because you guys raised her, protected her and she has a mate that I can tell means the world to her." Katie said as she walked over. "I would like to be one great big family. That's what I want this Christmas to be like and for eternity."

Layla smiled as she hugged her mother. She looked at her other parents and hugged them.
~~~
Christmas Day came and Layla was more than happy to finally open her gifts, but the one she hopes Emmett would like the best was what she had to announce. Hope grabbed her sister's hand making everyone look at the sisters as they watched Emmett open his gift. "What?"

Layla giggled. "Hope." She said.

"What you hold in your hand is proof that Layla Mikaelson Hale is having your child."

Emmett looked at his mate with tears and hugged her. "How is this possible?" Edward asked.

"Cold ones are still capable of getting a human pregnant, Tribrids, hybrids, and a cold one with a gift." Elijah replies. "Congratulations Layla and Emmett."

Layla smiled as Emmett kissed her. "You truly are everything." He tells her. "I love you."

"I love you."

Merry Christmas everyone