Chapter 8

Recap:

Once there I lay Julie on the bed and I get on top of her. I pull away with Julie and I both breathing heavy.

Julie places her hand on my arm and she looks at me softly when she says words I never thought she would ever say.

"Make love to me."
———

Present

Tatum's POV:

I wake up to the sound of my phone going off. I slowly open my eyes and I try to move when I feel a weight. The events of the night before hit me as I look down to see Julie sleeping with her head on my chest.

I smile as I run my fingers through her hair and kiss the top of her head. I reach for my phone on the nightstand and see that it's Hailey calling me at 3 am.

"Yes?" I say quietly when I answer the phone.

"Hey, you need to come in," Hailey says and I groan.

"Why Hailes? It's 3 am," I say as Julie shifts to move herself closer to me.

"Because we got more people coming in," she says and I sigh.

"Can you please get Williams to come in?" I ask her.

"Why?" She asks annoyed.

"I'm with someone," I says slowly and I hear silence.

"Excuse me!" Hailey screeches after a few seconds and I wince, "This better not be a random hook up Tatum. I expected better from you."

"I hope it's not," I say softly as I admire Julie.

"Oh my gosh. You're with Julie, aren't you," she says.

"Yeah," I say not even trying to deny it, "I am."

"Alright, fine. I'll call in Williams, I'll leave you two be," Hailey says and I smile.

"Thanks Hailey. I'll see you later."

"Sounds good, bye Tate."

We hang up and I set my phone back on the nightstand. I wrap my arm around Julie and close my eyes. As I'm about to fall back asleep, I feel a kiss placed on my neck. After that, I doze off.
———

The sunlight beams into the bedroom as I wake up. I reach over to the other side of the bed and fell coldness. My eyes shoot open and I look to not see Julie. I sit up quickly and see that none of her clothes are in the room.

I get up, get dressed, freshen up, then walk outside my room. I sigh sadly when I don't see Julie. My heart breaks and tears start to slowly stream down my face.

As I go to walk back into my room the door to my apartment opens. I walk over to see Julie coming in. My eyes are wide as I stare at her. "Good morning," she says with a bright smile.

"Morning," I quietly respond.

"What's wrong?" She asks as she walks towards me.

"I-I thought you left," I say and Julie's face softens.

She sets the things down that she was holding and walks to me. "Now why would I do that?" She asks me as she wipes away my tears then wraps her arms around my neck.