XXII - Adonis

I like how y'all voted a lot on the previous chapter. Bless up *DJ Khaled voice*.

"Rodrigo you want some more mashed potatoes?" Adonis watched as his mother fussed at Rodrigo across from him

"Rodrigo you want some more mashed potatoes?" Adonis watched as his mother fussed at Rodrigo across from him. He was joking before but now she was doing too much. She wasn't asking him if he wanted more mashed potatoes.

"Now mamá doing too much for Rodrigo," Kearra leaned over to whisper in Adonis' ear, "must be because he cleaning up all them coochie webs."

At the mention of coochie webs, Adonis leaned back and put his palm in Kearra's face.

"I don't wanna hear about Mamá getting any coochie webs clean. Worry about getting your coochie webs clean and stop talking to me. Whenever Christian is around you act like you don't know your brother. Bihh you better get the fuck," Adonis was angry at his sister. Since they were at their mother's house she had been all in Christian's face. Sure they saw each other in the previous days but that didn't mean anything. She saw Christian all the time in Atlanta and barely saw him in Los Angeles.

"What did I do to you Donny?" His sister looked sad as she looked at him.

"Didn't I say don't talk to me. Talk to me tomorrow, I'm not talking to you today," Adonis turned his attention back to his plate, the empanadas was calling his name.

"What the fuck ever crybaby," Kearra gave him a discreet middle finger as she pretended to wipe her eyes.

"What is it that you do Adonis?" The sound of Rodrigo's voice stopped him from replying to Kearra.

"Stay black and make money," the feeling of his mother kicking his foot was enough for him to let out a low hiss.

"I mean I own a couple businesses," he massaged his left foot which he got the kick on with the right.

"Do they do well?"

He narrowed his eyes at Rodrigo suspiciously. Why did he need to know that?

"I guess you could say so," he shrugged his shoulders.

Rodrigo seemingly got the hint as he moved on to ask Kearra and Christian questions.

"How did you and mamá meet?" When Adonis asked the question he watched as Rodrigo put his left hand on top of Mila's right one on the table.

"Well-," Rodrigo began to say but Mila cut him off.

"You don't need to know that. Hurry and eat so you can get to meet Kashmir and Tristan," Adonis watched his mom with narrowed eyes. Why didn't she want him to know how they met. Was she still upset about how he spoke to Rodrigo? He wasn't going to say anything though so he just finished his food and brought the plate to the sink.

"Christian, sis, I'ma leave. I gotta meet up with the guys," Adonis gave his sister a brief hug. Then moved on to hug his mother and shake Rodrigo's hand. He didn't know what was up with her but he'd find out another time when Rodrigo wasn't there. For now it didn't seem like he was welcomed.