Chapter 21: Sokovia

2nd Person POV

"Never thought I'd be evacuating a city from a homicidal demon robot." You thought aloud. You were stood ushering people along a bridge, pretty much just following Steve and acting like you were helping.

"What? Did you think you were gonna be playing doll houses with Ultron?" Steve panted, catching his breath as he continued moving people out of the city. He seemed somewhat happy to have the company.

"No, I thought I was gonna play a game of cards with Dwayne Johnson." The sound of metal and thrusters caught both your and Steve's attention. You glanced over your shoulder, finding many, many Ultron drones beginning to burrow out of the ground.
"Oh, god. It's like one of those zombie movies." You grimaced before grabbed your pistols and opening fire. There were at least 10 drones rapidly approaching. Your first few shots managed to stop two of them, but simple bullets began to prove inefficient. As they closed the distance, you charged a shot in your left gun, quickly flinging your arm upwards as the nearest drone approached, blasting a shot of energy through it's head and knocking the rest back. The sound of another drone slamming into a car behind you made you turn around. The drone shot at Steve, who ducked, making the blast hit you instead, knocking you over.

"Rogers!" You yelled.

"What?!" He shouted back, slamming his shield through a second drone before throwing it through the first, then retrieving it from its chest.

"You know what." You pointed a finger at him, slowly getting back up. Steve shrugged, refusing to acknowledge the fact he'd let you get shot. There were explosions in the distance which pulled you out of your little conversation. Steve looked at you.

"Go. I can hold off any around here." He motioned you away, and you nodded.

"If I come back and find you dead, I'll be very upset about it." You joked, seeing a smile appear on Steve's face.

"I don't plan on that just yet. Now go." You heeded his order and took off in a blur of blue as you teleported away.

When you exited your teleportation, you were stood on the rooftop of a medium sized building near the middle of the city. You could see where you had previously been from here, and you could see the explosions going off nearby as drones flew around.

"If it's not aliens then it's robots." You muttered. Turning your attention to a squadron of 6 drones that had turned and begun flying towards you. As they got closer you grabbed the hilt of your sword, retrieving it and holding it in reverse and diving forwards to meet them. You latched onto the first drone, swinging into it's back and slashing through the face of a nearby drone, sending it crashing down to earth.

"Y/N, move!" Barton ordered over comms. You quickly jumped back, grappling a different drone, seeing the original one blow up with an arrow through it's head.

"That nearly hit me!" You yelled at him, continuing to slash through the last 3 drones behind you, then raking your claws through the wiring of the current one, gliding to the ground on it's back then kicking off and landing on the ground. "Barton, be lucky you didn't hit me with that arrow, otherwise I'd be sure you remember the mistake."

"Hey, I told you to move, you moved. Nobody got hurt, that's a win in my books." Clint responded, continuing to shoot down drones as he was talking into the communicator. Suddenly there was a jolt in the ground, nearly knocking you over. You managed to keep your footing, putting your sword back onto your side and flying up into the air to see what was happening. When you realised, your heart sank. The edges of the city began to crack, Sokovia beginning to rise slowly but surely.