Chapter Ten

A month had passed since Loki had carried me to my room. I didn't mention it, and we quickly got closer. I'm pretty sure he liked me the most out of everyone in the tower. Loki was not a very touchy-feely person, but I definitely was. This led to the conversation we were currently having.

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"Neither the flavour nor looks of the please will change my mind," Loki grumbled at me, not looking up from his book.

"Bucky let's me do it," I huffed, crossing my arms, and leaning against the headboard of my bed.

"I am not Bucky," he said, still not looking up from his book.

I sighed and looked at his hair longingly. It just looked so soft. I suddenly had an idea. I concentrated and picked a piece of hair up with wind. Loki looked at me annoyed, and I looked away innocently.

"I know what you're trying to do," he growled, glaring at me.

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," I said sweetly.

He glared at me for a moment longer before sighing deeply.

"You're going to do it anyway so I may as well make it easier for the both of us," he finally relented.

After a small victory dance, I got started on braiding his hair. He read while I worked, and I swear I heard him purr at one point. Once I finished, he got up and sat behind me.

"What are you doing?" I asked, turning my head to face him.

He rolled his eyes at me like the answer was obvious.

"It's my turn," he said simply, motioning with a finger for me to turn around.

I did as I was told, and he got to work. The feeling of his fingers running through my hair was so relaxing I almost fell asleep.

Once he was finished, we decided to steal some food from the kitchen and read in the library. Seeing as it was a little bit past midnight, there was no one to stop us from stealing Tony's leftover shawarma. Giggling about the thievery (well, I was giggling, Loki was just smirking), we made our way to the library. We sat down and shared the shawarma between us. Some time passed and I slowly started falling asleep.

~

I jerked awake, my head lifting off of Loki's shoulder and tears filling my eyes. Loki looked at me in alarm. I tried to hold back the tears, but I couldn't. They started to fall, and I took deep breaths trying to control it, but the harder I tried to stop crying, the harder I cried. Loki pulled me onto his lap and wrapped me in his arms.

"What's wrong, love?" he asked.

I was too hysterical to notice the nickname he gave me. He ran his fingers through my hair, slowly calming me down.

"Can you tell me what happened, love?" he asked.

"I- I- I had a n-nightmare," I spluttered, still trying not to cry.

Loki rocked me back and forth and I buried my face into the crook of his neck.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked me softly.

"It- it was..." I took a deep breath to compose myself. "My siblings and I were experimented on. That's how we got our powers."

He nodded, already knowing this.

"HYDRA did anything and everything to see what they could accomplish. Sometimes it hurt. Sometimes it didn't. Sometimes we almost didn't live through it."

I heard Loki's breath hitch and I looked at him. His gaze was murderous.

"Sometimes... sometimes I wonder what would have happened if one of us didn't make it through. And my dream was about Wanda and- and Pietro..."

I couldn't finish. Loki just comforted me, rubbing soothing circles on my back and running his fingers through my hair.

"You're alright now. Your siblings are okay. They can't take you. I won't let them," he promised me.

I sighed deeply, burrowing into his neck again. Exhausted from the crying, I slowly fell asleep. I didn't have any more nightmares.

A/N

Thank you for reading chapter 10! This book is now in double digit chapters! Once again, this chapter is kind of short but the next one is longer, I promise! If you could vote and comment what you think that would be amazing!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~ LadyLokiLaufeyson