Chapter 54

Ophelia gasped for breath as she tried to keep up with him, weaving their way through the forest to their usual spot by the lake. Cedric finally stopped, much to her relief. Running through trees wasn't exactly what she had in mind for a celebration. He too was huffing, leaning against the trunk of the tree with his hands on his head, his hair wet and messy and his cheeks flushed red.

"You do know that the castle is that way, don't you?" Ophelia raised her eyebrows, pointing at the castle that they were now pretty far away from. "Wha—" she was cut off by Cedric's lips on hers, his cold lips sending a shiver down her spine as they moved passionately against hers.

Ophelia was the first to pull away, a small smile tracing her lips. "Ced, I would like our first time to not be smelling like fish." Cedric let out a small chuckle, then sobered up and looked down at the ground, running his hands through his wet hair, creating a few water droplets on his yellow shirt.

"When I saw you down there, you looked er...dead, Fee. You were frozen, you felt frozen, you weren't moving, and just floating there with the rope tied around..." Cedric said, his voice small and deep. "I thought I had lost you for a second, and I never want to feel that way again." He looked up to meet her worried gaze, and placed his hand on her cheeks. "What I'm trying to say is, I love you, Ophelia. I've been in love with you since you came to Hogwarts, because I know I've been falling for you ever since you accidentally texted me—I really should thank the person you were sending that photo to, because I really don't know what I would've done if I hadn't met you."

Cedric thought she wasn't going to respond for a while, her eyes wide like a deer caught on headlights, her soft pink lips parted. "Fee? Say something, please. Anything."

A wide grin broke out on Ophelia's face, and she didn't care that they were both soaking in disgusting lake water—she pressed her forehead to his, his breath breathing heavily on her lips. "Took you long enough, loser." She laughed. "I love you too, Cedric Diggory. A lot."

If there was a moment Cedric would like to relive over and over until he got sick of, that would be it, and he didn't think he would ever get sick of hearing it from her. "Say it again," he breathed happily, closing the distance between them. He grinned against her lips, slipping his tongue in to silence the laugh she let out. Her hands were cold against his neck as she pulled him closer, slowly inching up to his wet hair.

"Fee," he groaned as she tugged on his hair, lifting her up so her legs were wrapped around him, pushing her against the trunk of the tree as they deepened the kiss even more, passionate heat overcoming the coldness of their skin, to feel hazy everywhere.

"Ced," Ophelia whispered as she looked up, and Cedric squeezed his eyes tight at the sight of her looking up at him through her thick eyelashes.

"Yes?" 

"I love you," she murmured, jumping back down to the ground.

"I love you too," Cedric grinned, replaying her words over and over as he wrapped his arm around her, trudging back up to the castle, his grin never leaving his face.

"Isn't it funny how I would've met you here at Hogwarts anyway, but instead met you through the phone a few months prior?" 

"Must be fate," Cedric mused, pressing a soft kiss to the top of her forehead.

⟠ ⟠ ⟠

INSTAGRAM