Chapter 12

Jihoon had already left, and Y/N had already cleaned up her locker by the time Jimin returned. When he returned, she noticed something was off. He kept looking as if avoiding her gaze and his hoodie was stretched over his face as much as possible. Y/N knew that he often tended to hide his face, however, at that moment he was being too much, and even though he had tried, Jimin knew he couldn't fool Y/N. 

He didn't say anything to her and straight away started packing up, but that wouldn't do for her. She grabbed the sleeve of his hoodie with one hand, and with the other, she pulled down it off of his head. "What the hell, Jimin? You have been acting so weird the whole day-" she cut herself off when she noticed what happened to his face. "J-Jimin..." she stuttered.

"Haha, it's alright... I just fell." he tried to pull his hoodie back up but she had already palmed his face, looking at him with a terrified look. Jimin watched her eyes scanning all over his face and decided not to hold back the fact that he was not okay. "I-I met Yoongi and Taehyung..." she quickly pulled away frowning as rage took over her, "Y/N, I'm not weak, I can handle this myself, it's just that they attacked me all of a sudden..."

He felt kind of regretful for telling her, he thought that she would think he's weak, and maybe he was weak.

"Jimin, you aren't weak and I know that. Let's teach them a lesson later, okay? I'll treat you." 

Jimin didn't feel like being edgy and pushy towards her, so he just followed her silently. They left to look for a nearby pharmacy.

Meanwhile, Jihoon who all this time was hiding behind the wall, clenched his fists in disappointment. He thought that asking Yoongi and Taehyung to bother Jimin would make him more distant from Y/N which would offend her. He expected Jimin to act like his stingy-self once again. However, it didn't work out the same way he wished it would have. He got nothing from that except guilt. He hurt his brother, but in the end, the one who ended up hurt was him.

"But Jihoon... didn't you ask us not bother your brother? Why did you suddenly change your mind? And that Y/N girl, she's definitely gonna create a fiasco tomorrow. Dang, that new girl!" said Yoongi as he threw his empty can of cola into the trashcan.

"Yeah, don't bother him again... unless I tell you."

...

"Okay, the medicine may hurt a little, but it's okay!" Y/N warned right before applying the ointment onto Jimin's bruised eye and the few cuts on his cheeks. "And it's done!" she was about to put her hands away from his face and stand up, so she could throw the pieces of cotton away, but Jimin grabbed her wrist, placing her hands back onto his cheeks.

"Let's buy a present for Jihoon..." he closed his eyes, leaning more into her hand. She was left surprised by Jimin's words.

"Aren't you tired? You should go home and rest, we can go tomorrow."

"Okay, then let me at least walk you home," he said standing up and throwing the rubbish instead of her. "It's already September and it's getting kinda cool outside, today is especially windy. Why would you wear a T-shirt on such a windy day? You'll catch a cold!" 

Jimin said as he realized that her arms weren't covered at all, fully exposed to the frostiness of the atmosphere. Without saying anything, he looked into his bag and found an extra hoodie, he had no idea why he had one, but it turned out useful. "Here, wear this!"

Y/N grabbed the hoodie with a playful smile, "Oh, wow, Jiminie, you are such a gentleman! Why would you carry this hoodie in your bag?" he just shrugged giving her a warm smile, "Is it perhaps that you care for me? Are you worried I'm going to get sick, huh?" she bumped into his shoulder playfully.