31

"Charlie let go of the door

"Charlie let go of the door."

"Nu uh."

Two weeks had passed since the incident in the bathroom with Charlie banging her little head, and Damien had been a no show.

Leo had managed to book time away from work for that holiday at the family cabin, deciding they would all spent the two weeks of Christmas there.

That is if they could actually get out of the door.

"Why not baby, hmm?" Leo took a softer approach crouching down to the toddler who war currently in star fish like position, holding on to each door handle as if her life depended on it.

"We have to wait for Damien."

Leo sighed in sympathy and his eyes softened.

"Sweetheart-"

"No, we have to wait for him."

Leo turned around to his brothers as if asking for a little help, luckily Oscar was very quick to react.

"Charlie are you not excited to see August? He's waiting for us downstairs and I think he might have even brought you a hot chocolate! How about we go see him hmm bub?"

"No Oscar. We can't leave Damien behind; August can have my hot chocolate if he wants or give it to Mr Smith." She spoke with certainty referring to the building's lovely old door man.

"Hm, do we need a trip from the tickle monster to get you away from that door?" He questioned with a goofy grin completely contrasting the frown on his little sister's face.

"No! Bad Oscar." Charlie quickly jumped into action kicking her leg out at him, knowing that he wouldn't hesitate to use her number one weakness against her.

"Well you're not leaving me much choice right now bean, how about you be a big girl and let go by yourself and then we can try call Damien from my phone."

Charlie thought long and hard about the offer before shaking her head no, it wasn't that she couldn't trust Oscar but what was a phone call going to do?

Plus, she was almost certain they had blocked each other weeks ago...

"No t'ank you. I have to see him in real life."

"Right, well that's great." Oscar muttered sarcastically under his breath turning round to Atlas to see if he had any brilliant ideas before having to physically pick up his stubborn little sister.

Atlas sighed gently before walking over to the little girl and kneeling down placing both his arms on his knees, so he was now at a similar height to hers.

"Hi monkey."

"Hi Atty."

"I see you've become quite fond of the door all of a sudden. Would please enlighten me on why that is?" Atlas questioned in amusement forgetting for a moment that he was speaking to a toddler.