(5)

Sugawara's POV

Usually we'd all meet at the lounge quickly after the bell rang, however, Daichi wanted to met with me beforehand and I figured being a little late wouldn't be an issue. So instead I made my way over to the bathroom in the back corner of the school that was always empty. Surely enough once I arrived Daichi was standing by the sink, scrolling mindlessly through his phone waiting for me.

"Hey." I announced my presence and he quickly shoved his phone in his pocket before rushing over to me and pulling me into a hug. I laughed at his suddenness, I mean he always was a touchy guy so I guess I should've expected this. Whether it was hugs, cuddles, or just holding hands whenever we hug out he always wanted to be close.

"I missed you." He sighed as be rested his head on my shoulder. While Daichi and I do have a few classes together we don't have lunch so we can't really talk much.

"Daichi I saw you this morning." I laughed remembering our walk to school. We always left early to take the long way, since less people travelled that path meaning we could hold hands. Both of us were very much not out and I didn't plan to be any time soon. I didn't even tell Kuroo or Oikawa although I think they may sort of know. I feel kind of bad since they told me about it, well Oikawa did Kuroo didn't seem to figure out he's gay yet, but it's hard for me to say it. I don't understand how they can just out right say it even if it's just to close friends.

"Yeah but that walk was so short." He still cringed onto me in his bone crushing hug, barley leaving me enough room to breath.

"It was 30 minutes." Eventually he released me and laughed before leaning back on the wall. I followed him and leaned on him.

"How long do you think it'll be like this?" Daichi asked the question that we both constantly thought about but rarely voiced. I think it's cause we both don't know. It's not like we enjoy sneaking off to the bathroom just to see each other but our choses are limited. People aren't exactly the most excepting around here, I don't know how Oikawa lives with those rumors about him. If he wasn't so pretty I'm sure everyone would've turned on him by now, but the girls in school are desperately clinging onto the bit of hope that he's straight.

"I don't know." I sighed and he put his arm around me trying his best to comfort me, which always worked well. The difference between Oikawa and I is that he's a very good volleyball player. Meaning he'll go pro and I won't, I've got plans to go to college. Years of studying and hard work even got me quite a few scholarships, I can't afford school without them, and they'd be gone in a flash if a rumor got out that I was gay. The same goes for Daichi, we just can't afford for something like that to be going around. So until college is over, or we get more money, our bathroom visit will have to do.

"I don't want it to be this way."

"Me neither." After that we remained quiet for a bit, he checked the time realizing he'd be late for class if he didn't go soon. So we said our goodbyes and he left for class while I left for the lounge.

I began to think up excuses for why I was late, I figured they'd ask, however, all my hard work was throw out the window when I arrived and they weren't there. I took a seat and shortly after Oikawa ran in.

"Sorry Iwa-chan got into a fight, you were probably waiting a while." Now I could've said I just got here but knowing him he'd ask me what I was doing and since he didn't know otherwise I could use this to my advantage.

"Yeah I've been here since the bell rang idiot." I smacked his arm and he did his stupid fake pout. "Where's Kuroo?" I asked him realizing the tall bedhead, who was usually always here on time, wasn't around.

"Hmm I thought he texted you?" Suddenly, as if on cue, our phone went off and we both saw the text Kuroo sent into the groupchat. Can't eat with you guys today. Oikawa laughed a bit. "What's that about?" Kuroo didn't necessarily have other people to sit with so he's either doing some make up work, which is unlikely because he always does his work early the nerd, so what else could it be? "Who was he talking about the other day?"