5

Jaemin shivered as the cool autumn breeze rushed past him, blowing up his hair from under his beanie. 

"Siri what time is it?" Jaemin asked his phone softly as Jeno hadn't shown up yet. 

"7:15." 

"Shit." Jaemin hissed and chattered his teeth. Why hadn't Jeno come to pick him up yet? Did he decide Jaemin's payment wasn't worth it? Did he find another boyfriend? Did-

"Sorry I'm late! Oh my god Jaemin you must be freezing!" The familiar deep voice rang out in the bitter evening. Jaemin grinned and then immediately wiped it off his face. He didn't want to show Jeno that he was actually looking forward to seeing him. 

"Oh just a bit cold." Jaemin lied and shuddered again. "I was beginning to think you weren't coming....."

"To the game or to pick you up?" 

"Well I don't know...." Jaemin trailed off. Jeno laced his arm through Jaemin's so they were bound together. 

"I wouldn't forget you." 

Jaemin fought the urge to smirk a little as the older boy steered Jaemin to the school were they would play against their biggest rivals. 

☁️☁️☁️

They lost miserably. Or that's what Jaemin believed to be true. 

Jaemin had sat in the bleachers while Jeno gave it his all on the court. Jaemin couldn't actually watch the game of course but had tried to keep some kind of score by listening to the pounding of feet, the squeaking of sneakers of the gym floor, and the swishing of the basketball sliding through the net. 

After the game, Jeno climbed up to Jaemin to help him down. Jeno grabbed his "boyfriend's" hand with his back turned to the rest of the team. Almost every other fan had left already so Jeno decided to do something a little devilish.

"I'll pay extra." He whispered into Jaemin's ear. 

"Wha-"

Jeno scooped his arms under Jaemin and picked him up bridal style in his arms. Hoots and cat calls from Jeno's teammates echoed through the basically empty gym as Jaemin held onto Jeno scared he would fall out of his arms. 

"Don't fucking drop me."

"I won't baby." Jeno nuzzled his head against Jaemin who tried his best not to sour his face. 

"Ugh so gross." He mumbled making Jeno's face fall. Jaemin was unaware of Jeno's attempt to get closer to him.

"Woah. So you're Jaemin." Renjun clapped the blind boy on the back when Jeno set him down. 

"Uh, yeah? You've meet me before I believe." 

A rosy blush spread quickly over Renjun's cheeks, recalling the embarrassing incident with his campaign flyer. "Oh yes we have meet, I remember now."

Jaemin smirked and glanced down at his shoes. He felt awkward with Jeno's friends all focusing on him. Haechan pushed her hair back and tapped Jeno's date on the shoulder. 

"Hey! I'm Haechan! I love your hair color."

"Oh!" Jaemin exclaimed as his ears picked up a high pitched voice. "Hi Haechan."

Haechan, noticing his confusion decided to explain herself. "I'm a girl."

"Ooh okay then." Jaemin soaked in the information. "Nice."