chapter 34

Andrea's POV:

I open my eyes slowly and zone out. So it was all a dream...

clouds form in my eyes making their way of saying goodbye, it might've been just a nightmare but the struggles were real. I had no control open myself, I wasn't able to decide to hold on as if the only choice I was left with is to say goodbye...it broke my heart.

Whispers coming from the same room I'm settling in cut the train of thoughts I was having. I look to the side searching for the owners of those hushed murmurs.

The scene I was looking at was too familiar to my likings, it was more of a déjà vue. Matia and Vincenzo were leaning against the wall while old Carter sitting at the end of my bed, the same way it all ended.

"No! No! Not again," I cry in denial, I can't go through those struggles again! I'm not strong enough to face this loss twice.

The boys rush to my side, mostly startled from my sudden breakdown, "What's wrong?" Asked Enzo trying to figure out the problem.

"He's gone, isn't he?" I glance at him with some hope that whatever I experienced wouldn't turn to be a reality yet their silence only gave one response: we were broken apart again.

I cry even more now that I'm positive Gabriel is dead and between my tears I hear old Carter's soothing voice, "Hey, hey," he says, his hand brushing my hair in a comforting manner, "Gabriel was saved, he's not gone."

Hearing those words felt like a fresh breeze of air. I quickly glance up at him and wipe my tears away "really?"

He nods.

"Then what are you all doing here with me instead of being with him?!" I frown at them.

"He hasn't woken up yet Andy," they all respond at the same time making me smile.

"I want to go see him," I announce all of a sudden and quickly get up, the moment my feet touch the ground my legs give up making my body drop... Again. Guess I didn't learn the first time! 

I chuckle to myself at that thought owning weird stares from the boys.

"I think she injured her brain," Enzo comments sarcastically with a smirk, he would never let an opportunity to tease me go to waste but I don't mind as long as everyone is happy, Plus I'll get him back later.

And with that, old carter helps me walk to the ICU where Gaby is sleeping. It felt like we took forever to arrive there, I was so excited to see him that I stopped focusing on my steps and kept stumbling.

His chest is bandaged and there is a tube of serum attached to his arm. He looks so peaceful sleeping, it feels like it's been forever.

I can't express how much happy I am to see his calm breaths and hear the heart monitor beeping slowly, illuminating the intimidating silence.

"I love you too," I whisper, tears of happiness sneaking from my eyes. The heavyweight that once settled on my chest is now gone.

Old carter comes back after checking on Gaby with the doctor. he brings me closer to him giving me a side hug and asks "Are you okay dear?"

now that I'm seeing him alive and know he'll be around I'm more than okay, a smile tugs at the corner of my lips reflexing all the relief I have, "yes I am."

Three hours passed when Gabriel was finally taken to a normal room, since he was stable there was no need to keep him there anymore and I have been with him since.

I refused to go back to my room and tried making myself comfortable on a chair, didn't work because my shoulder kept hurting.

I rest my head on the bed, I can't help but get worried. I know he'll wake up eventually but I can't wait.