CHP 32

It's been several hours since Jimin has arrived at the hospital. He takes Jeongguk's hoodie off of his body and holds it close to his chest, planting his nose into the soft material.

Jimin has finally calmed down. Enough to sit in a chair but his body still teeters back and forth in a constant, steady rythm and he takes encouragement from his balanced breaths.

Taehyung and Haechan are also here as well as the bodyguard however Jimin doesn't speak to them and they don't speak to him.

Nobody tries conversing with him as he allows his body to be swaddled in solitude. He just wants to be at Jeongguk's bedside and if he can't do that, he wants to be alone.

The area around him bustles with busy hospital workers and tormented people sitting alongside him in the waiting area. But in spite of this, it all strikes his ears as white, fuzzy noise. Jeongguk is the center of all his thoughts. Whether or not he's okay. Whether or not he'll make it and if he doesn't, what happens then? If Kai is finally captured and he returns to work without the safety of Officer Jeon's physical presence then he just knows it will be next to impossible to get through his shifts.

He's stifling small sobs into the green hoodie when a woman approaches the bundle of stressed friends waiting eagerly. It's almost pitiful how quickly yet clumsily he stumbles out of the chair to be in front of her, joining Namjoon.

"Is everything okay? How's he doing?" Namjoon asks.

The woman's expression at first is cold, looking as though she has nothing but bad news. But it shifts and just like that so does the air.

"He's okay. The stab wound didn't reach any of his vital organs. We've finished surgery but he's sleeping currently," she explains with a smile.

"Can we visit?" Jimin interjects.

The surgeon turns to face him. "You can."

"Okay, thank you," Jimin replies and quickly follows behind her as she leads the way.

Namjoon, Haechan and Taehyung stay put in the waiting area. The teacher infers that they're giving him the space he needs. He can hear a cry of relief leave Taehyung and assumes that Officer Kim breaks the good news.

Jimin is lead to Jeongguk's hospital room and the surgeon leaves. He smiles at her briefly and finds himself getting caught in the doorway as he roves the brunette's still figure. His chest is rising and falling softly, his chapped lips pouted. His arms are lain by his sides, decorated with various cords Jimin doesn't even want to know the purposes of. He enters the room and closes the door behind him gently, approaching the policeman's bedside.

Jimin takes a seat on a stray chair and places his hoodie in his lap. He doesn't reach out just yet and simply looks at Jeongguk, listening to the steady beep of his heartbeat. His hand covers his mouth as tears begin to well up in his eyes. Seeing him like this... in such a poor condition only solidifies the feelings he knows he has for him.

The blond takes a deep breath and pulls his hand away from his mouth. He leans forward slightly and eases his small fingers between Jeongguk's, squeezing softly. He's okay. He made it out alive. He came back to him. That's all that matters right now.

Soon a soft knock is heard at the door. Jimin simply peers up and watches as it swings open. Haechan is standing there and the blond just now notices the scuffs on his face, most likely from fights happening not too long ago as Taehyung mentioned.

The teenager closes the door behind him and leans against it, staring at his feet. He seems hesitant. Not knowing what to say or perhaps unsure of how to connect his next string of words.