10. Ringing

'Halme' is short for 'Halmeoni'

*********************

"Halme!!" Jungkook yelled and ran out of the car before Seokjin could completely pull into the driveway. "Aigoo, my baby" his grandmother exclaimed as she spread her arms wide for him to run into. 

"I missed you, Halme" he said, burying his head into her neck and taking in her scent. "I missed you too, Kookie. How have you been? You haven't stopped by in a really long time" she said, patting his back with her short hands. 

"Yeahh. I have been very busy, Halmeoni. Harabeoji arranged someone for me. I am getting married next Sunday, can you believe it?" Jungkook asked. 

"Yeah. It is hard to believe it, but they are really nice people. I've known them since the day I got married to your grandfather. Trust me, Kookie. They are really good" his grandmother said as he opened the door for her and slid beside her after she got in. 

"I trust you, Halme" he said. "Hello, Halmeoni" Seokjin and Hoseok greeted her from the front seats. "Hello, kids. How have you been doing?" Bong Soon, Jungkook's grandmother asked. "We are fine, Halmeoni. How's your health?" Seokjin asked. "All fine" Bong Soon giggled. 

"Wah, I really missed you, Halmeoni" Jungkook said and moved sideways to cuddle with her in the back seat. She hit him lightly on his shoulder. "Then you should have come and visited me, you brat" she said. "Aish, don't hit me, Halme" Jungkook whined while Seokjin and Hoseok chuckled. 

"Kookie....do you really want this?" Bong Soon asked after a couple of minutes of silence. "Huh? The marriage?" Jungkook asked, lifting his head from her shoulder to stare at her. "Hmm. Do you really want it?" she asked. 

"Not exactly, but I am not against it, either. If Harabeoji really wants me to marry that guy, I will do that" Jungkook said frankly. 

"But don't you love anyone?" Bong Soon asked. "I love you" Jungkook said. Bong Soon hit him on his shoulder again. "Such a cheesy brat. I can't believe you don't have a boyfriend already" she said. 

Hoseok snickered. "I know, right? He is gonna grease his husband with this cheese" he said. Seokjin chuckled along with Bong Soon. 

"Okay, seriously, Kookie. Stop this marriage if you like someone. Don't do this just because Harabeoji is asking you to. No matter how good they are, you don't have to force yourself to marry someone" Bong Soon said. 

"Aish, Halmeoni. Why don't you believe me when I say I really don't have anyone? Don't worry, I am not forcing myself or anything. If I fall in love with someone within these eight days, I will ask Harabeoji to stop the marriage. Is that okay?" Jungkook asked, smirking mischievously at her. 

Bong Soon scoffed and hit him again. "You keep hitting me all the time" Jungkook pouted, rubbing his shoulder as if her hits hurt. "Stop overacting. I know it doesn't hurt" she said. Jungkook pouted harder and leaned on her shoulder. 

They arrived at the shop after ten more minutes of Jungkook being a dramatic ass. They decided to buy a ready-made suit as it would be hard to get a suit stitched within a week. 

It had all been fine and fun till - 

"Sir, can you pass me that marker?" one of the workers asked Hoseok, who had a marker beside his elbow. "Sure" Hoseok said and passed the marker, missing the way Jungkook's expression immediately turned sour. 

"What's wrong?" Seokjin asked. Jungkook shook his head with a scowl on his face as he remembered all those words that his pranksters had written on his balcony door with what seemed like a permanent marker. 

At least, now he knew how they got into his house. They had somehow managed to pick his balcony door lock. 

He had immediately realized that the only way to get into his balcony was by jumping from the neighbour's balcony or by jumping from the balcony of the people who lived above him. 

But as going back up was hard, he deduced that it must have been his neighbours. 

But as far as he knew, his neighbours were an old couple, who always treated him very nicely. They couldn't have done it, obviously. That was why he had asked the security if the old couple still lived in the house.

"Kookie, is something wrong?" Bong Soon asked, noticing Jungkook's foul mood. "Nothing. You guys pick whatever you like. I am not interested anymore. I'll just go out and wait for you guys" Jungkook said. The three of them sighed. "Okay" they said. 

Jungkook got up and connected earphones to his phone before putting them into his ears and blasting music through them. 

He leaned sideways on the board outside the shop as he scrolled through his messages. 

'Harabeoji, I will move in with you tomorrow evening if it is okay with you and Halmeoni' he messaged Hyungsik. 

The reply came within a minute. 

Just as he was about to click on the notification, he suddenly found himself flying . Before he could realize that his feet weren't on the ground anymore, he felt his head hit hard on a huge pole. 

He groaned as he landed on the floor with his foot bent in a weird angle. He tried to move his head, but a hot flash of pain blazed through his spine. 

He struggled to keep his eyes open, and couldn't make out the figures in front of him. 

When his vision finally cleared, he noticed Hoseok and Seokjin bending over him and fussing all over him frantically. 

He could see their lips moving super fast, but he couldn't hear anything other than a loud ring. 

"Ringing....." he muttered, trying to cover his ears so that the ringing would reduce. 

But the second his hands touched his face, another pain shot up his head. His eyes almost rolled back as he muttered "Make....ring...stop."

He felt someone run their hands through his hair. He knew those short hands. They belonged to his grandmother. He wanted to rest his head on her lap, but he couldn't find her lap. 

"Why.....isss.....ringing?" he slurred again, unable to hear anything other than the loud ringing. 

Seokjin said something, but he couldn't catch it. 

Just the ringing. 

"Ringing...." he groaned before his eyes finally rolled back into his head and his hands fell limp beside his ears.