Chapter 20

Chapter 20

It was midnight when my sleep was disturbed and I woke up in the same field as before, the field with only one spiral tree. Darkness surrounded me from all directions, I couldn't see, hear or touch anything. There were a few whispers from a distance but I couldn't make out who they belonged too.

Splitting the darkness, a woman walked through the tree and approached me. She was covered in a dark cloak that hid her body and her features. My heart pounded against my chest and the hair on my skin rose with fear. It had been a while since I saw the women in cloaks.

A few memories rushed back to my head and immediately, my hand went over to my stomach to feel my baby—it wasn't there. The reality struck me, I had just given birth at the castle with Luciano, Jaqueline and all those healers around me.

Fiona. She was beautiful.

Though, where was I?

"Who are you?" I asked the woman.

She lifted the veil from her face and revealed herself, "I'm your best friend, Red."

"Lisa?" I gasped, getting closer to her. Luciano had helped me with searching the nearby grounds for Lisa but we couldn't find her anywhere. It was almost as if she was dead. "Where have you been?" I asked, grabbing her hand from the cloak she wore. I wanted to feel her, and she was real. Her hand was cold as it brushed against mine.

"Around," she replied, she didn't go in details, "You have to leave the castle, Red. It's your time to join the witches and do what you are destined to do!" Her hostile glare terrified me as she clung onto my hand, her long nails digging into my skin as she kept me at place.

"No!" I exclaimed, pulling myself away from her. "I have a baby—I don't want to do anything with the witches. I won't kill anyone."

"You have too,"

I choked, "I'm dreaming, aren't I?" I whirled around and found no one else, just Lisa and a lot of mist covering the field.

The spiral tree stood tall in front of me, waiting for me to lie on it's roots and beg for it's mercy. I wasn't going to return to Gretel or the witches, I wasn't leaving Luciano or Fiona.

"It's a dream, Red but you have to wake up and leave the castle. There is a witch outside at the bakery that will help you. She will bring you here and they'll let me go," Lisa explained, her eyes filling up with tears as she spoke.

"No," I shook my head, "I can't leave. Just tell me where you are and I will come and get you, I promise. We will come and take you away from whatever power is holding you,"

"You can't," Her voice grew cold and her features morphed. "I hate you, Red."

"No, don't say that,"

"This all is because of you. I hate you and I always will!" She shouted before running away into the darkness. Her words were hard as daggers and they cut through my skin. I never wanted to hurt Lisa, I never intended this all for her.

I followed behind her, crying and calling out her name but she didn't return. She disappeared again.

"Please, I'm sorry, Lisa!" I shouted, hoping she'd hear my pleas. I was willing to do whatever she wanted but taking lives of the innocent wasn't on the list.

A voice cracked like a whip behind me, "Tsk, tsk, what a pity? Doesn't everyone hates you?" Gretel asked, appearing from nowhere.

"What are you doing with my head?" I snapped, wrath in my tone. "Get out before I do something like kill you instead of killing werewolves,"

"I'd see you try," she grinned and my fists clenched in fury, "Didn't we agree with something—that you'd leave the castle after giving birth and come with the witches to me?"

"No," I spat, "We don't have an agreement. Get out of my head and leave me alone. I will never come to you and I will never kill anyone that you want me to kill," My face twisted in anger as hate flew from my mouth at her.

The silence between us stretched before Gretel walked towards me, placed her hand on the side of my head and hit me to the ground.

"Looks like we have to do it the hard way," I heard her whisper before everything went dark in front of me.

I woke up with an a terrible headache whipping across my head, my breathing hitched and I looked around. Luciano was asleep until I woke him.

"What happened?" He asked, jolting up.

I flinched, "I saw a dream. I saw Gretel and Lisa,"

"Visions?"

"No, it felt real, Luciano as if I had just met her." I whispered, my hands moving to my head and there I felt a bump. Gretel had slammed me to the ground. The bump wouldn't be there if it was a mere vision. "Something is wrong," I panicked, throwing the sheets off my body to go check on Fiona.

"Red," Luciano ran behind me.

I reached the crib quickly and found it empty. "No, no, no," I cried, throwing aside the sheets. Fiona couldn't go. She was just a baby.

No.

"Guards!" I heard Luciano scream as I looked for Fiona everywhere.

One thing was for sure, she couldn't have rolled off the crib or anything as it was tall and no one could've stepped inside the castle as it was sealed by Jaqueline's magic. Guards were everywhere, everything was perfect.

I looked around, throwing the sheets aside, tearing the crib apart but I found my baby nowhere. I stopped for a second, looked at the window and it was open.

I remembered closing it shut.

Gretel took her.

She took Fiona.

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr