Chapter 6

Soooo, my studies are going to shit. Naturally I did the complete opposite of trying to catch up. Enjoy!

Morning at the Weasley house was hectic. There were too many people in the house for Molly to keep count of, and more to come. For one there were her own children who lives with her. Then there were Billy and Charlie who were coming home for the tournament. Add on the Amestrians and Molly had her hands full.

All her kids were up and ready for breakfast at the dining table. There were only a few questions about the luggage that the foreigners had brought since Molly had already informed them about the guests weeks ago. Their current topic of conversation was Charlie’s arrival.

“Think he’ll come riding a dragon?”

“For the last time Ron, he’s not going to bring a dragon.”

“Yes, not only is that dangerous but illegal by many Anti-muggle laws.”

“What’s wrong Ronniekins - “

“-didn’t have you have enough- “

“-with Norbert your first year?”

Molly smiled without letting her children know. She had found out about the dragon after Ron’s second year in Hogwarts. Charlie had accidentally revealed it when she had panicked about almost losing two of her children. He had tried to make his mother understand that Ron could have handled a little danger but it had the opposite result. She had hovered over her children for weeks before and during their trip to Egypt.

Suddenly the table became quiet. Molly looked up to see one of her guests had woken up. He was shorter than the other boy by an inch or two and had long golden hair in a messy ponytail.

“Good morning! You’re… Edward, right? Come on, breakfast is done. Aren’t your friends coming down?”

“They had a late night so they’re still sleeping.”

“That’s alright, you eat up all you want. A growing boy need all the nutrients.”

Edward twitched faintly at that comment but Molly couldn’t see any reason why. As the boy sat down the Weasley clan became curious about the newcomer.

“Are you the new exchange student at Hogwarts?”

“Do you know any magic?”

“Did you learn magic from your hometown?”

“How old are you?”

Edward looked like he was having a headache with all these questions. His answers were short and to the point, and he showed no interest in any socializing.

“Yes, a little, no and 16.”

“You don’t look 16.” And that’s how the Weasley family found out never to suggest Edward’s height around him.

“WHO ARE YOU CALLING SO SHORT THAT HE LOOKS LIKE A 5-YEAR-OLD” Edward exploded.

“Brother, he didn’t say all that.”

The Weasleys looked up to see two other strangers. One was a boy with golden eyes and brownish hair while the other was a blonde girl with blue eyes.

“You guys are up?”

“Its kind of hard to sleep with you screaming brother.”

The girl too seemed to be saying something but Molly couldn’t understand what she was saying. Was she speaking German?

“Where’s the translation pin Winry?” Edward asked probably seeing their current landlord’s confusion.

Winry seem to pat herself down before going back up. Alphonse came to sit beside his brother and started piling on his plate everything that he could get his hands on. By the time he was done Winry was back.

“What the bloody hell was that?” Ron asked and Molly lightly smacked him for his lack of tact.

“I thought you guys knew that we’re Amestrians?” Edward asked back.

“You guys…don’t know English?” Ginny asked.

“Not really. Brother and I have been learning but we only realized that you guys don’t talk our language a few months ago.”

“How can you guys not notice a different language?!” Ron asked incredulously.

“We didn’t know that there was a translation spell at Diagon Alley.”

“Wait, if you guys don’t know English then how will you guys learn at Hogwarts?”

“Magic.” Edward spat.

“Brother, don’t be rude.” Alphonse reprimand before turning to the others. “This is just a temporary situation from what we can understand. Apparently if magic is suppressed it will cause repercussions. So, until we can create a magic school in our country this is the best we can do. As long as we do the practical, we can skip the written part unless it’s absolutely necessary. Even then there are translation spells.”

“So, you don’t have to do any homework?” Fred asked incredulously while George shook his head. “Lucky buggers.”

“Not exactly. Not understand something so complex can backfire on us. For now, all this is just a safety precaution so that all the Amestrian kids don’t become living bombs.” Winry remarked.

Just then an owl flew in from the window. Edward looked up at it to see that it had a letter with the Amestrian seal. “Well, I’m done! Thanks for the food Mrs. Weasley.”

He left with the letters before anymore questions could come his way. Once again Molly couldn’t help but think that there was something strange about this trio. She really hoped her family wouldn’t end up in whatever these Amestrians was bringing to the plate.

ಠ_ಠ

Ed looked over all the information that Mustang’s team could gather. He now had all the information of the so-called boy-who-lived, both from Dumbledore and from outside sources. And he was not happy about what he has read so far.

‘This kid is clearly not living the grand life. Everything points to how easily he can be manipulated. And if I’m right Dumbledore has already started on it.’

“Did you get all the info that you needed, brother?” Al asked as he entered and closed the door.

“No, there’s still things that are unclear. I know about what happened in the last three years at Hogwarts but it’s vague at best. Looks like we’ll have to question this Potter kid.”

“What about this “dark lord”? Could he have a philosopher stone?”

“No. He did try to steal one from Hogwarts though.”

“Hogwarts has a philosopher stone?” Al asked suddenly serious.

“It’s a fake made by the Bastard and some guy called Nicolas, don’t worry. I think I’ll trust the old man and hope it’s not a product of genocide.”

“You trust him for that but not enough to call him dad?”

Hearing the sad tone in Al’s voice made Ed sigh. He looked up from his files with a sad smile. “I’m trying Al, but years of hate is not going to go away magically.” He suddenly snorted at his own wording. “Or maybe it will since “magic” is real now.”

Al smiled at that. His brother was trying to accept it, both their father and magic. He doesn’t completely dismiss the unknown anymore, but rather try to understand it and the science behind it. Finding a scientific approach so far has been a fail but at least he isn’t completely against it.

His anger towards their father had also begun to fade slowly. Nope, it was more of a habit that he just would have to break. And as long as he doesn’t get into any trouble because of their old man, then it will be a piece of pie.

“You trying is more than enough for me, brother.”

Is anyone else feeling like existence is meaningless? The last time I felt like this was when I was 15 and I'm definitely sure that half of it was teenage angst. I'm too old to feel like this *crying in my twenties*.