The Daily Prophet

The month passed, and the Board meeting happened, the results leaving the whole castle in whispers.

Rumours said that the reason the brooms would finally be renewed was thanks to the Board. It was also said that the reason this had not happened earlier was because of Dumbledore.

The news spread like wildfire, some students even writing to their homes about it. The fact that Dumbledore, one of the most influential figures in Wizarding Britain had made such a blunder was quite interesting to the Britain wizarding folk.

So, when the school week started once again a day later, in the morning during breakfast, the Hall was flooded with owls carrying newspapers.

Harry let Cato perch on his shoulder, the owl nipping his ear and hooting happily, and unwrapped the newspaper, the title 'The Daily Prophet' written in bold on the front page, and a relatively large lettered article on the front as well, showing the picture of one Albums Dumbledore, face twitching in annoyance while Lucius Malfoy, the Head of the Board of Governors, mouth moving.

The jewel-eyed boy hummed happily, eyes sliding into the title of the article:

'Hogwarts Brooms Finally Being Renewed After Eighty Years! Albus Dumbledore Endangering Students'

Harry felt the corner of his lips tug upwards as he skimmed through the article written by the infamous Rita Skeeter, the woman who had ruined his reputation in his previous life, and the one thankfully helping him in this life due to, well, no short of blackmail, but that wasn't important right now.

The article was full of Rita's rantings about Dumbledore's negative behaviour and praises for the Board's correct decision.

The woman even accused Dumbledore of 'getting too old for the job', suggesting a change of Headmasters, or at least 'lessening all the hard work the poor man took up'.

In the end, Harry couldn't hold his laughter in, covering his mouth and snickering silently, shoulders slightly shaking.

Terry noticed this, looking worriedly at him. 

"Harry, mate, are you alright?" he asked, leaning towards him, eyebrows knitted together.

Harry managed to stop his laughter and took his hand off of his face, giving a reassuring smile to the boy.

"I'm alright, thank you for asking, Terry. I'm just quite mortified that the headmaster could bear to endanger students like this! How awful!" His expression was that of horror, and the Slytherins seated behind him snickered, throwing him amused glances.

Anthony nodded in agreement.

"I couldn't believe it either! My mother has already written a complaint to the Ministry. She doesn't believe Dumbledore is eligible to look after the students anymore!" he exclaimed. He took a glance at the paper. "Maybe Skeeter is right: I mean, Dumbledore has been the Headmaster for around forty years! Maybe it's time for him to step down."

Sounds of agreement came from those near him, and the word spread around, reaching the Head Table after mere ten-odd minutes. As soon as it did, Dumbledore's face exploded into an ugly shade of purple, satisfying Harry and many others who disliked the man.

"How dare you!" rang out the voice of the Brat-Who-Unfortunately-Lived, the girl's face a livid red. "Headmaster Dumbledore has been looking after everyone for so many years! How could you say that!"

Dean Thomas, the one who seemed to have suggested otherwise, paled as everyone stared at them, shrinking into himself.

Dumbledore stood up, a satisfied glint in his eyes from the declaration, but otherwise his usual grandfatherly mask, and smiled jovially.

"Thank you, my girl, but that was unnecessary. I might be a bit old, but I haven't become senile just yet!" he laughed in amusement, making Harry cringe internally at the fakeness. "I might have made a little mistake, but I am quite busy after all. I assure you, I will do my best so such a thing doesn't happen again."

Harry couldn't help but scowl slightly at the shamelessness of the man.

A little mistake? People could have died because of that little mistake!

Also, he was too busy? Then Hogwarts was too much work for him after all! Or maybe he needed to drop one of his other jobs. Maybe being the Supreme Mugwump of the ICW and the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot was too much work for him after all, next to being the headmaster of Hogwarts!

Who was it that gave him so many titles in the first place? He might have defeated Gellert Grindelwald, but he was still only human.

A human with way too much influence.

Harry sighed in annoyance at the thought. Dumbledore was no saint, just powerful and a genius manipulator. It horrified him that so many people actually believed he was the second coming of Merlin.

At least the Dark faction was a little smarter.

Harry snapped back to reality with Rose's wailings about Dumbledore's greatness, and how nobody should insult him, and groaned as silently as possible. His sister was a real idiot. If only she would realize that she was being manipulated.

Harry didn't believe that would happen any time soon, but oh well, one could still dream.

Dumbledore also seemed to have enough of Rose's ranting, as his smile become a bit strained.

"My dear girl, I am happy that you are protecting me, but you don't have to do this. People will always talk, you do not need to always respond." He smiled at the girl after his 'wise' words, and the girl finally dropped it, happily sitting down.

She then turned to her side and starting talking to Ronald, probably about Dumbledore's supposed greatness, and Dumbledore also sat down, a satisfied smile on his face.

He was obviously proud of manipulating her. Harry wouldn't admit it, but he was also grateful to the old man for shutting the girl up, even if he was the reason she was talking in the first place.

The green-eyed boy turned his gaze back to the table, where his friends were still staring at the redhead, and smiled sweetly.

"Well, at least that's over."

He got booming laughter as a response.