(7)

Sorry this ones kinda of short :(( it just felt like a good spot to end at
.
.
.
.

Oikawa's POV

I watched as Sugawara's face grew red and his eyes widened. I honestly can't believe he'd try to keep something like this from us, I mean what did he think the closeted gay and the open gay were going to make fun of him for being gay. For a smart guy he's pretty stupid.

"What are you talking about?" He questioned trying to keep a straight face.

"Suga why didn't you tell us?" I asked ignoring his question since I'm sure he knew what I was talking about.

"I-" He paused a bit to think. "I don't know what you're talking about." So he's gonna play the oblivious card ey?

"He called you Koushi who else calls you that besides your family?" I made my point but when he didn't respond I continued. "What why were you scared to tell us of all people?" Finally Suga sighed and sat on the couch next to me.

"Unlike you I actually have to go to college." He laughed a bit causing me to smile completely forgetting about what had happened only an hour earlier. "I can't risk the scholarship." We both frowned. I mean how fucked up do things have to be that he can't say he's got a boyfriend without ruining his entire life.

"Daichi right?" I asked confirming the name I barely knew.

"Yeah."

"Does he have a scholarship too?"

"Yeah..."

"We wouldn't have said anything Suga."

"I know I was just scared, if even one person overheard it wouldn't just be me who got screwed over. Neither of us can go without these scholarships." I wanted to cheer him up but I didn't exactly know how. "Enough about that," He said brightening up and changing the topic. It felt like he was just avoiding his problems but I didn't want to make him upset by brining it up so I'll let it go for now. "How's Iwa-chan?" He asked with a smirk.

"God why did you have to bring that up." I threw my free hand, the one not holding the ice pack, over my eye, the one without the ice pack on it. Suga laughed at me as I died from embarrassment.

"Why don't you tell him what's going on?"

"What do you want me to tell him. Oh hey Iwa-chan just an fyi my dad beats me because he think's I'm gay, which I am specifically for you, and my mom left because she hated him so much, anyways how's your day?" I gave him an annoyed glare but he just laughed at my snarky attitude.

"Yes that exactly. Don't forget to mention the part about being gay for him."

"Ha ha very funny." I rolled my eyes and laid back on the couch closing my eyes.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" He asked his voice clearly changing into something more serious. I didn't respond. "Oikawa..."

"There's nothing to tell." I finally said trying to avoid the cursed topic for as long as I could even though I knew Suga was persistent.

"Your black eye says otherwise." I opened my eyes to see him staring at me intimidatingly.

"My dad punched me nothing new." I huffed looking away from the boy staring daggers at me.

"What are you gonna do about going home, you'll have to go back eventually." I knew very well that I'd have to go back at some point. I didn't need Sugawara to remind me of that. I sighed instead of giving him a response, I can't tell if I"m too tired to or if I just don't care to. "Let's see," I could practically see the gears in his head began to move. "If you sleep over tonight and tomorrow you'll be good till Thursday night, I was going to go to Daichi's that night but I could-" I cut him off feeling bad for making him skip out on his plans yet again.

"My aunt will be over Thursday night so he won't do anything." That was a lie but if I said anything else and Suga would insist I stay over.

"Good," He smiled widely which only made me feel worse for lying to him. "Then Friday night how about Kuroo, you, and I all hangout?" Watching Suga go through all this trouble to keep me from my house, and even willing to ditch his boyfriend for it, made me smile. "You should tell Kuroo what's going on too, maybe he can help." I had a sneaky suspicious Kuroo's home life wasn't any better than mine, even if it wasn't as bad, since we both had similar excuses as to why no one could come over. I could be reading into it though, however, I didn't mind Kuroo knowing.

"How about this," I said with an evil smirk. "I tell Kuroo about my dad and you tell Kuroo about Daichi."

"I don't know about-"

"Come on Suga," I cut him off abruptly. "I know you're nervous but you gotta trust us a bit." Suga finally sighed and agreed to the terms for Friday night. We both laid back on the couch and did our best to relax after a rather taxing conversation.

"Think we can get him to come out Friday, I mean he clearly likes the ice skater boy." Suga laughed. Thinking back Kuroo's eye's did light up a bit when Suga mentioned him before.

"It'll be one big coming out day." I laughed in return.

.
.
.
.
(930 words)