Chapter 9

First... OH MY GOD THANKS EVERYONE WHO LIKES AND COMMENTS THIS!!!!

Second... I am so obsessed with The Mortal Instruments lately... JAAAAACCCCEEEE!!!! ♥ So if you want to obsess about TMI or anything else with someone, I'm just a message away!!!

Third... Disclaimer: as Eric once told you, unfortunately the only thing I own is the plot twist. All rights go to Veronica Roth and no copyright infringement is intended.

Having said everything I wanted to say... enjoy another peak into my brain ;)

ERIC'S P.O.V.

I feel the pressure on the bed change and I'm pulled out of sleep by a burst of cold air. I blindly search for the covers and, in the process I realize Tris isn't next to me. Worried, I open my eyes and see it's dark and the bathroom door is ajar. I silently creep up to it and peek through. Tris is sitting on the floor, head bent back against the wall, with silent tears running down her cheeks. She's whispering something to herself but I can't hear her over the noise of the fan. I slide into the room and sit next to her.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly.

"Oh. Nothing" Tris says hurriedly, wiping the tears and putting on an unconvincing smile.

"You hang on to that thought" I say sarcastically. She gives me a death glare. "Sorry" I mutter.

"It was just... just a nightmare" she explains.

"And you're so upset about it? Yeah right!"

"Alright! It's not just that!" she yells "It's Loise, the nightmare, my Divergence, initiation, Molly and... you"

"Explain yourself a bit more. I get initiation and your Divergence but the rest?" I say, desperately trying to hide my hurt at her words"And... you".

"Loise has openly threatened to throw me off the chasm unless I back off from you..." she sighs.

"She wouldn't even be able to push you off high heels. And if she tried..." I clench my fists.

"Well... I dreamt you said that but then I walked in on you with her and you stabbed me so I wouldn't tell Four. And you said you never loved me. That I was just a waste of space... Eric! I couldn't bear it if something tore us apart!!" she sobs. She buries her face in her hands. My arm wraps around her shoulders and I pull her to my chest.

"It's okay, Tris. Nothing will" I whisper. "What's Molly done to you?"

"She's been talking to Al... she's putting strange thoughts into him... she's turning him against me-"

"Don't worry. I'll protect you" I interrupt. I look at the ground, bracing myself for whatever I've done. I'm in no way prepared for this.

"I... also... think that I uhh... might be... in love" she blushes. My heart skips a beat.

"With who?" I question sadly. She stares at me blankly.

"Isn't that obvious? With you!" she seems genuinely surprised I asked.

"I thought you were already sure about that..."

"I'm never sure of anything! You know that! Abnegation tend to wipe that out of you" she smiles shyly.

"And you're so upset you love me?" I tease, my confidence back. This makes her laugh.

"No silly!" she punches my arm lightly. I pick her up and carry her to the bed. I pull her into my arms and hold her close to me. I kiss her head and stroke her hair slowly, until her breath gets sleepy. Tomorrow she will have her final stimulation before the test. She needs sleep. On the other hand, I can't drift off. I just stare at her sleeping form and take in her smell. I keep her close and guard her from the night. A few hours later, the Sun starts to rise, casting shadows on her face that make her features more prominent. She shifts in her sleep and presses her back against me. My eyes feel strained from lack of sleep but I won't give in to tiredness.

Sorry it's short but I felt bad for my late update :) if you guys have any desires for where to take this story, tell me in comments or in a message.

Peace out.

~JaceIsNaturalBlonde